Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

i think my dreams predicted my loss...

hi i'm new here, and you guys are so welcoming and comforting that i thought i'd write about something that's been on my mind...

so i had a d&e at 21 weeks exactly a week ago...our baby had turner syndrome, where she's missing one sex chromosome.  so instead of having 46xx chromosomes, she had 45x chromosomes, so there was a chance she could have been a boy if she wasn't missing a chromosome.  anyway, at 7 weeks i had this weird dream that i was breastfeeding a beautiful baby girl, then all of a sudden, she turned into a boy.  i remember thinking in my dream, "this is a nightmare, this isn't real" and then all of a sudden that dream stopped and i started a new dream exactly like it, except now i was breastfeeding my baby with a sense of peace.  then a day after my amnio at 18 weeks, i dreamt that our baby girl came out as a boy.  isn't that weird?  i've never been a believer in dreams or thought that dreams had any meaning, but what helps me get through this is the thought of my first dream where i will be pregnant again and this time with a healthy baby girl...

Re: i think my dreams predicted my loss...

• I am sorry for your loss.  It hurts.  What your experiencing is normal.  I too had something similar that predicted my loss.  The night before me "routine" dr visit on 10/8/09 I woke up three times during the night not able to breath.  I was gasping for air and my husband came close to calling 911 not knowing what was going on.  The next day we learned the baby had recently passed.  I instantly thought about the night before.  I talked with a nurse about it at the hospital and she stated its very possible to be so in tune with your baby that you dream or experience things that lets you know something is not right with your baby. 

After my D&C I had a very comforting dream.  I was holding a beautiful blonde haired baby boy.  I was so happy in my dream as I shared some moments with him.  It was a short dream, but it was peaceful. 

I would encourage you to think happy thoughts before sleeping.  Try not to go to bed upset,,,even though I know this is especially hard.

Stay in tune to your dreams, but try not to get too consumed with them. 

"This too shall pass"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had dreams that we were only bringing home one baby.....I assumed it was because one was going to be in the NICU. Friends say it was my subconscious prepping me.....very weird.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 4/9/09 - Chloe, our angel twin Lilypie First Birthday tickers>
  • Loading the player...
  • it's kind of scary but I experienced similiar.  Before miscarrying, I had some instinct telling me it's gonna happen.  In my dream, I saw I was bleeding and my stomach was getting smaller. 
  • I didn't have any dreams predicting a loss....but I didn't have any dreams about the baby at all.  I sorta thought it was weird, but I didn't put much thought towards it.  Looking back, I wonder if my body knew something was going on, so I didn't have the dreams. 
  • I had a horrible bloody dream and when I woke up I knew it was over-- all of my symptoms were gone and I felt great (opposite of how I had been feeling). I was100% sure it was over even though I hadn't started bleeding yet. DH just tried to convince me I was shaken up and the doctor's office didn't take me seriously. As that day wore on my + PG tests turned -. I MCed the next day.
  • i dreamed that i had an ultrasound and the dr said "there is no fetal pole" and I woke up thinking i had just made that up because i didn't think i had heard it before. low and behold one month later that is exactly what i heard.
  • Me too. I had a dream where I "saw" where the baby was attached in the uterus and then when I looked closer I saw that the cells were dying and the baby was pulling away. I saw the connection to the uterus just dissolve. I woke up scared but told myself that it was just a dream and went back to sleep. Later that day I noticed that all my pregnancy symptoms were gone. No bloat, sore boobs or nausea. I just knew at that point it was over. I had a natural m/c the next day.  

• The other night, I had a dream that I lost the baby. I woke up from the dream kinda freaked out, so I went to the bathroom to check. When I checked, I was bleeding, which was the start of my m/c.
    Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers imageimage image

Photo courtesy of mrs_b

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"