Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Natural miscarriage ?

Had my appt today to schedule a d&c turns out I am having a natural miscarriage. I broke down into tears waiting for yet another ultra sound the lady before me found out she was having a boy and then  took a seat next to us to call everyone she knew hardest part yet ;(  

Anyways I will get to my question

My betta levels have not dropped that much yet so I have to go for weekly blood tests and be monitored until they drop to 5.

Why haven?t they dropped?

Re: Natural miscarriage ?

• Options
    I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, as my doctor never checked my levels at all through my pregnancy.  I just wanted to say that I am sorry for your loss and I'm sure you will find support and advice here whenever you need it.  Thoughts and prayers going out to you and your family...
    BFP#1 8/14/09; Natural M/C 9/16/09 @ 9 weeks 2 days 
    BFP#2 5/11/10; DS1 Born 1-27-11 
    BFP#3 6/24/12; Natural M/C 7/1/12 @ 5 weeks 
    BFP#4 9/22/12; Natural M/C 10/17/12 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#5 3/3/13; DS2 Born 11-7-13
    BFP#6 9/20/14; Due 5-28-15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It can take quite a while for levels to go down.  I can't speak for a natural m/c, but I still have a + beta of 28 three weeks out from my D&C, so it will likely be a month or more before they're back down to zero.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can't imagine how hard it was to sit next to that lady.  I remember when we were waiting to get our ultra sound all these pregnant women were around and we were both so crushed and nervous.  We didn't have much hope that things would be okay, but we were trying to think positive.  The 30 minutes we had to sit and wait took forever.  They need a separate waiting room for women in our positions.  

My levels stayed about the same until I had the m/c.  I had my blood drawn two times the week before the m/c and the day after my m/c.  My hcg was hovering around 8,000 during those three blood draws.  The blood draw two weeks after the m/c my hcg was 70.  I think it's common for the hormone levels to stay about the same until you pass the tissue/baby and then your levels will start to drop. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had a similar experience.  I went for a  second US for MC #3 to confirm no HB before a D&C.  The woman before me was there for her first US for her first baby and was gushing to the tech and asking a billion questions.  She was making plans for having her whole family come to the next US.  I was so upset I couldn't even speak.  Luckily the tech had done all my US until this year and just told me how sorry she was and gave me a hug.  I seriously just wanted to drop through the floor and disappear.
    dd(Brianna) 11/01/94, ds(Bram)10/17/95, ds(Jesse)9/26/97, dd (Annie Ruth) 7/27/05 5mc Jan '08, May '08, Feb '09, Sept '09, Apr '11 "And can it be that in a world so full and busy, the loss of one weak creature makes a void in any heart, so wide and deep that nothing but the width and depth of vast eternity can fill it up." - Charles Dickens

PAL/PGAL Welcome

• Options
    OMG~I totally understand. When you go through something like this, your emotions are raw. I went to the hospital when I started to m/c and my nurse was this happy pregnant lady that talked on and on about her baby. I was sitting there in tears bleeding and cramping horribly while I listened to her tell me about all the cute clothes she just bought for her baby. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Im so sorry for your loss! i had a natural m/c on 9/22/09 and my betas didnt go down to under 5 til the middle of October and I too had to go in every week!  I was kinda freaking out but my DR kept assuring me it was ok.. sometimes it just takes time.. Then my 1st AF came 10/26/09 and it was completely normal.. so now im back n track.. So try not to stress it too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"