Austin Babies

Moms of babies w/ seasonal allergies

What has your pedi done for them? Are you just dealing?

We're thinking Will has them...we're going on week 3 of congestion, but our pedi doesn't want to see him unless he's running over 100.4 fever b/c he doesn't want him getting exposed to anything nasty hanging around in the office. I've unscientifically confirmed he has allergies and the pedi agrees it's probable...He was fine one morning - no sniffles, no congestion, nada. We took an hour long walk and he came back in sneezing with a runny nose and later got all congested and had trouble breathing. I hate seeing him all congested though and I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to relieve him!

Re: Moms of babies w/ seasonal allergies

• Thanks MrsRosie. I didn't know if medication was an option. I may have to brave the doctor's office nasties and take him in to see if we could get some.
  • Teagan has allergies (we are also preparing ourselves for an asthma diagnosis)....he's on singulair and cannot function without it right now.

Ty was on zyrtek (sp?) when he was young and it helped him a ton!  he eventually outgrew his allergies and was only on it for about a year, but it really did help.  back then it was rx only but some versions of it are now otc.

• Loading the player...
  • imagelibbyann:
    Thanks MrsRosie. I didn't know if medication was an option. I may have to brave the doctor's office nasties and take him in to see if we could get some.

zyrtec is OTC. jack takes it, as well (between 1/2 t and 1 t per day). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"