Multiples

When did you start to feel better?

I am feeling happy and blessed to finally be pregnant and with twins, a double blessing :):)  I do wish I felt better.  I have been nauseous, exhausted, dizzy, and headachy since about 4 weeks.  The nausea has gotten a tad better but the exhaustion has gotten worse.  When did those of you that felt like this feel better?  I really want to celebrate this pregnancy with my DH but can barely get out of bed, ugh.  I have heard after the first trimester, any other tips?  Thank you very much for your help :) 
H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
Flight to clinic 7/22
FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

Re: When did you start to feel better?

• I started to have better days around 13 weeks and was completely out of the exhaustion and sickness around 15 or 16 weeks.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't say the exhaustion is totally better, but I think it has been gradually easing up over the last couple of weeks - I no longer feel like I need a daily nap at work, but I'm still going to bed at 7:30. hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • imagehealthynut:
    I started to have better days around 13 weeks and was completely out of the exhaustion and sickness around 15 or 16 weeks.

same here

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• For nausea, I found herbal ginger tea really helped. I got mine at my local health food store, but Lipton also sells a box with a mix of herbal teas, including ginger, and that is nice and strongly flavored as well. With a little honey it's really good and always helped me through the months and months of all-day morning sickness!

Best of luck, and I hope that helps a bit!

• Never. I had hyper emesis gravidarum and threw up twice on the delivery table. Aren't multiples fantastic? Huh?

I will say,by about 24w, I was able to swallow a little bit of food and water and felt all right even if I was still throwing up a couple times a day.

no day but today~ RENT  *HEG survivors*
    ::where a sig pic would go if TB wasn't a d*ck::
     Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 16w3d, I know the exact day because it was the first day I didn't throw up and I was able to go out to eat with my DH and stay up until 9:30. I didn't have to take a Zofran after this day. Some people take longer than others. My friend that was PG at the same time as me, but due 2 months after me was feeling back to her old self by 12 weeks.

• My nausea struck at 3w6d (the day before my BFP) and started to gradually lift at about 11w. The exhaustion was rough and it did pretty much continue throughout the pregnancy, though it waxed and waned at various points.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Sorry to hear you are dealing with the dreaded first tri blahs. I was fortunate not to have any major m/s, but I was never thrilled with the occasional bout of "sea sick" moments. I'd say those moments came and went from 8 wks-13 wks.

I remember my mom came to visit me in London at 13 wks and I had warned her about how drained/blah I had been feeling...yet it was like those symptoms all magically disappeared (and thankfully didn't return throughout the pg!). Hope you get to exp. the same asap!!

Just as a heads up, hopefully you will have the 2nd tri "energy increase" I experienced--I felt fantastic in my 2nd tri!!--and then be prepared to feel TIRED all over again towards the end of the 3rd tri!

Anyway, all to say, hope you feel better soon!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker,Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started to feel better between 13 - 16 weeks.  It lasted until 26 weeks when the exaustion hit again. Now i'm 33 weeks and the nausea is back. Thank goodness i'm almost done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"