North Carolina Babies

When is the "best" time to have a baby shower?

I'm due mid-May and a friend wants to throw me a shower (yay!).  When (in relation to the due date) do most people have theirs?  What might be considered a little early to have one, and what would late enough that you may not have time to buy all of the items you didn't receive as gifts?

Re: When is the "best" time to have a baby shower?

• For me, I'd say anytime between 28-34 weeks for an out of town shower, or up to 37 weeks for a local shower. You want to be showing, but not too close to the due date!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had mine at 32 weeks. To me, that was perfect timing. I was definitely showing, but still had plenty of time to get last minute stuff afterwards. GL!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • I had 3 showers...I was due October 14th and i had them the last week of august, 1st & 2nd week of september..they were all local so that wasn't an issue and i didnt really have much that i had to buy!!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'd vote for earlier rather than later but my bias is clear--went into labor at 32 weeks very suddenly and unexpectedly.  I had a shower 3 days before my water broke.  Clearly this isn't the norm, but I'd aim for at least before 34 weeks.
    Kim

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"