Infertility

Anyone use CVS/Caremark Pharmacy?

My insurance is switching over to this soon. 

I know everyone's benefits are different, but I am just wondering if you have ordered injectibles through them? Approx cost, service, etc...

I am wondering if I should go ahead and order more through my current insurance provider or just wait.

Thanks for any insight!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone use CVS/Caremark Pharmacy?

• I have Blue Cross Blue Shield Federal Employee Plan and we use Caremark for mail order prescriptions.  I pay $65 for a 3 month supply of any brand name medication and they surprisingly cover injectable fertility drugs.
  • This is who I use as well.  I only know the prices that I get through my insurance (BCBS)

For IUIs I only had to pay $25 -this was for follistim and ovidrel

• Loading the player...
  • and they are super quick with delivery.  I have called at 2:00pm one day and they delivered by 8am the next day. 
  • i use them too. I think the last time (for IVF) was approx $100 for Lupron, Menopur, Gonal-F...they were a little tough to deal with the 1st but I honestly think it was b/c i was so nervous & magnified everything...for my last 2 cycles, i called and got everything within 48hrs...

good luck:) 

• My insurance made me order the Ovidrel from mail order...surprisingly was only $43 for 2 vials.  I was quite surprised.  I've never done any other meds mail order through them.  It came pretty quickly, too, surprisingly.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have them- I have up to 10K in meds covered under my insurance. For my IVF cycles- I had about 6 boxes of Follistim and I think my co pay was around $60. they ship overnight and I have not had any issues with them.

Our Journey from two to three! 3 IUI's, 2 IVF's, decided to move to foster/adopt. 12/24/2009 Baby C born, 2/1/2010 placed with us, 5/17/2011 Adoption final- we are finally a forever family! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! 

I started to go into panic mode.  My current pharamacy coverage is pretty good.  I am gearing up for another inject cycle in November and if that didn't work...well, we wouldn't be able to afford the meds if coverage changed drastically.

I hope the new coverage is just as good - you all have given me reassurance that it might be about the same.

Thanks again!

• I have blue cross blue shield too.. I didn't think they covered fertility drugs at all. That is good news.  I know I can order off caremark and that was my plan but I don't know anything different!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"