Stay at Home Moms

any ideas for fun haloween activities?

My pooor 6 year old had swine flu this week and she had to miss her haloween party , I want to have a special day with something fun, any suggestions?

pumpkin carving too messy,,,lol

Re: any ideas for fun haloween activities?

• DS had a great time decorating pumpkins - we used markers, stickers, pipe cleaners, etc. .

Roast pumpkin seeds

Bake some Halloween themed goodies

Bob for apples (or make caramel apples!)

We have been "practicing" trick or treating - he gets in his costume , knocks on his bedroom door, we give him candy corn. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Poor baby! ?I always feel bad for little ones who miss the fun days at school. ?

Some things I've done with my first graders:

- using yarn, hang a donut (one with a hole in the middle) from a doorway at face level and let her try to eat it without using her hands

- fill a paper bag with crushed newspaper and twist shut at the top (you'll need to add some masking tape to keep it shut) and paint it like a pumpkin and decorate

- dip Halloween cookie cutters in paint and use to stamp pictures on construction paper

- blow up a balloon and cover it with white tissue paper to look like a ghost; bounce it back and forth trying to keep it from touching the ground

- ?cut out five pumpkins and five bats (or any other Halloween things) from construction paper and play tic tac toe- you can using masking tape to make a big board on the floor or a small one on a cookie sheet

I hope your daughter feels better very soon!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Tomorrow I'm making pumpkin-shaped pancakes (putting the batter in a squeeze bottle), mini pumpkin pies, pumpkin-shaped sandwiches, and all meals will be served on Halloween plates/napkins.

How about Halloween suncatchers? Just put glitter, sequins and tissue paper in between two layers of clear contact paper then cut to the shape you want.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

• Make a skeleton out of Q-tips on black construction paper (my 7 year old did this in school, it was really cute). I found a link to one online https://www.crafts-for-all-seasons.com/Q-tip-skeleton.html

They also blew up black balloons and attached googly eyes and took 8 long strips of black paper and folded them accordion style and attached them to make a giant spider.

Another great site is familyfun.com ...tons of ideas there!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"