My pooor 6 year old had swine flu this week and she had to miss her haloween party , I want to have a special day with something fun, any suggestions?
pumpkin carving too messy,,,lol
DS had a great time decorating pumpkins - we used markers, stickers, pipe cleaners, etc. .
Roast pumpkin seeds
Bake some Halloween themed goodies
Bob for apples (or make caramel apples!)
We have been "practicing" trick or treating - he gets in his costume , knocks on his bedroom door, we give him candy corn.
Poor baby! ?I always feel bad for little ones who miss the fun days at school. ?
Some things I've done with my first graders:
- using yarn, hang a donut (one with a hole in the middle) from a doorway at face level and let her try to eat it without using her hands
- fill a paper bag with crushed newspaper and twist shut at the top (you'll need to add some masking tape to keep it shut) and paint it like a pumpkin and decorate
- dip Halloween cookie cutters in paint and use to stamp pictures on construction paper
- blow up a balloon and cover it with white tissue paper to look like a ghost; bounce it back and forth trying to keep it from touching the ground
- ?cut out five pumpkins and five bats (or any other Halloween things) from construction paper and play tic tac toe- you can using masking tape to make a big board on the floor or a small one on a cookie sheet
I hope your daughter feels better very soon!?
Tomorrow I'm making pumpkin-shaped pancakes (putting the batter in a squeeze bottle), mini pumpkin pies, pumpkin-shaped sandwiches, and all meals will be served on Halloween plates/napkins.
How about Halloween suncatchers? Just put glitter, sequins and tissue paper in between two layers of clear contact paper then cut to the shape you want.
Make a skeleton out of Q-tips on black construction paper (my 7 year old did this in school, it was really cute). I found a link to one online https://www.crafts-for-all-seasons.com/Q-tip-skeleton.html
They also blew up black balloons and attached googly eyes and took 8 long strips of black paper and folded them accordion style and attached them to make a giant spider.
Another great site is familyfun.com ...tons of ideas there!