Single Parents
Options

Diane - didn't you learn your lesson once today?

Nobody likes a dd'er.

DianeN9
Not Ranked
Joined on 01-22-2008
Ohio
33,734 Points
DianeN9 is online. Last active: 10-30-2009, 2:03 PMBronze
-->

Lets get this board started.

-->

I hate that nobody ever posts on this board! I bet us single moms could make this board as active as some of the other boards! I for one, feel completely alone (in real life) about being a single Mom. I have no friends that are single moms, and I have nobody to relate to. I really think we could kick this board up a notch :) So i thought maybe a little interview would be fun to get to know each other.

Due Date: January 4th, 2010.

How long have you been single this pregnancy: Since I was 12 weeks.

What scares you most about being a single mom: Having to explain to LO why he doesn't have a Daddy like the other kids. Thinking of that future talk breaks my heart.

Do you and LO's father get along. If not, why not: Nope, We don't even speak. He was abusive and cheated on me while I was pregnant, then screwed me financially.

Do you have help/support or are you doing it on your own: I have my Mom and Stepdad helping me. I am doing a lot of things on my own though. I was working until bedrest, and will work again when LO is 6 weeks old. I also get assistance from the government, so I don't depend on other people for everything. So i guess its a mix of both support and doing it alone.

Baby Boy/Girl: Baby Boy :) Nathan Daniel <3

What has been the hardest part of doing this alone so far: Just not having anybody to experience it with. Nobody is there to feel LO kick, nobody is there to help me get out of the bathtub, nobody is there to help me on bedrest. Not to mention, the pain I feel for my LO knowing that he will be born into this world without a loving father.

imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker 
10-30-2009 at 2:57 PM
akedaw
Not Ranked
Joined on 03-14-2008
Atlanta, GA
276 Points
akedaw is online. Last active: 10-30-2009, 2:00 PMNewbie
-->
-->

I agree this board is dead!!!!

Due Date: May 20, 2010

How long have you been single this pregnancy: My ex fiancee is moving out in January. But we have been seperated for two weeks now.

What scares you most about being a single mom: Fiances!!!!!!!!!

Do you and LO's father get along. If not, why not: As much as I want to hate him, at this point as long as he is a responsible father, i will suck up my feelings.

Do you have help/support or are you doing it on your own: yes I have both mine and my ex's family support. Even when I don't have his. I am very fortunate in that aspect.

What has been the hardest part of doing this alone so far: I really thought this time would be different. Getting to do couple stuff while your pregnant ya know?

10-30-2009 at 2:59 PM
DianeN9
Not Ranked
Joined on 01-22-2008
Ohio
33,734 Points
DianeN9 is online. Last active: 10-30-2009, 2:03 PMBronze
-->
-->
I know exactly how you feel on that last one. Being pregnant and single, you really do miss out on the full experience of things. I mean, we still get to make a nursery, go to our ultrasounds and name the baby, but it feels incomplete because we both know in our hearts, we're supposed to be doign this with our partners.

imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker 
10-30-2009 at 2:59 PM
mrsh0606
Not Ranked
Joined on 10-06-2006
Philly 'burbs
114,022 Points
mrsh0606 is online. Last active: 10-30-2009, 2:00 PMSilver
-->
-->
You were working until bedrest?  Hmmmm, not quite the way I remember it. 

imageimageimage
CafeMom Tickers 
10-30-2009 at 3:03 PM
anabell092...
Not Ranked
Joined on 07-13-2009
Waukegan IL
38,903 Points
anabell0920 is online. Last active: 10-30-2009, 2:04 PMBronze
-->
-->
imageDianeN9:

I hate that nobody ever posts on this board! I bet us single moms could make this board as active as some of the other boards! I for one, feel completely alone (in real life) about being a single Mom. I have no friends that are single moms, and I have nobody to relate to. I really think we could kick this board up a notch :) So i thought maybe a little interview would be fun to get to know each other.

Pretty sure you have done enough "kicking up other boards"  to last a lifetime. Like why oh why are you not posting on your trimester board anymore? Because everyone there knows what a drama queen you are so your trying to get others pity from different boards now?

imageimage
Pregnancy Ticker
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"