D.C. Area Babies

what kind of pacifier does your DC use?

Originally I intended not to use a pacifier with DS at all, but it turns out he just really loves sucking on stuff, so once we got the OK from our LC, we started using one when he gets fussy.

Right now we mostly use a Soothie (this is what they gave us in the hospital). DS seems to like it OK but it doesn't stay in his mouth all that well. We recently tried an Avent pacifier, which he also doesn't seem to mind but spits out after a few minutes. He doesn't need it to sleep - just to soothe him, but it gets annoying when we have to hold it in his mouth.

What do you use? Any suggestions?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: what kind of pacifier does your DC use?

• Gerber Nuk, but only because they gave us one in the hospital.  DD never fell in love with pacifiers.
  • We tried a bunch of different types, but DS refused them all--he spat them out.  At 3 months he started sucking his thumb instead.

We tried soothie, avent, gerber nuk, and something else.  I don't remember what the last one was now...it has been a long time  Big Smile.

• Loading the player...
  • We have a pack of Playtex Ortho Pro pacis if you'd like them. They were a fail in our house because C is a die hard Soothies boy, but you're welcome to try them.
    The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Soothies here too. DS also spits them out, but for a few brief seconds today, he grasped the ridge on the back of the paci and held it in his own mouth! I agree that for temporary soothes the paci works well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had the same problem and went through many pacis.  We finally settled on the Gerber Nuk.  It is curved to fit around their mouth and I think DS likes the shape of the nipple better.
  • We tried a few different types but she never really sucked on them for long. Then, around 10 weeks, DD started putting her thumb in her mouth and the rest is history. She sucks her thumb while going to sleep, when she gets fussy, and when she's just relaxing. I tried transitioning her to a pacifier but she makes the most disgusted face when I put it in.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • we used the Soothie too for the first 2-3 months.  It was time to get rid of the paci when DS starting chewing on them!  You can get a Wubanub to attach to the soothie to help it stay in..it's essentially a beanie baby sewed onto the pacifier.  https://www.mom4life.com/catalog.php?item=750

The hospital I use to work at used them and they do the trick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We tried a ton of different ones including the soothie, Avent and Born Free. He finally took a MAMs at 3 months. It was such a blessing because he hated riding in the car and there was nothing that would soothe him. He's totally addicted now...which I'm not thrilled about. He sucks on his fingers too.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"