Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Told we could TTC whenever we are ready

I know this is a topic everyone is curious about so I thought I would update.

I had my follow up today exactly 1 month after my D&E at 22w.  My midwife said that since I got my period yesterday, a 29 day cycle, that she didn't see any physical reason not to get pg.  She did recommend going to a preconception visit with MFM after we get the results of the genetic tests. Regardless of the reason for the defects, she thought this would be a good idea with a late loss like ours and even said it isn't often she recommends it. 

I also found out that next time I'll be getting lots of u/s's and mainly a 16w u/s which would be a must unless they want me to have anxiety attacks for 2 months.  I was already suppose to have extra u/s's in my 3rd trimester because of low fluid with my 1st pregnancy, so it looks like chosing a practice with an in-house u/s machine was a smart choice.

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

Re: Told we could TTC whenever we are ready

• Oh that's great news! I am sure it is very reassuring to know they will treat your next pregnancy differently. I really hope that I am able to get extra ultrasounds with my next pregnancy, if I have to wait past 8 weeks it will be excruciating!

Thanks for letting us know, I like to hear what other ladies experience at their follow ups.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yay for lots of ultrasounds next time.  They said the same to us.  We will be going in every week to 2 weeks and having one.  I am happy about that, because I will be anxious too. 

We met with the MFM doctors and it was a very positive appointment.  She gave us the chances of it happening again... and just relaxed me a little about our loss.  I would definately meet with them.  It was good to hear from other people that our loss will proabably not happen again. 

Good luck when you TTC again.  Hopefully we will both have an easy pregnancy next time. 

IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
  • Loading the player...
  • That is wonderful news! I lost my baby at 9 weeks, but I just had my follow up appointment yesterday.  My doctor said the same thing--I can start trying right away and my next pregnancy will be monitored closely.

Good luck, and I hope you get another BFP very soon!

• Thanks girls! I've got to say I wasn't sure about going the midwife route (my practice has both) but I love the 2 I have seen through my pregnancy and really wonder if I would have gotten so much attention at each appointment with a doctor. 

Thanks for the input about the MFM visit too, I have been on the fence about it but maybe that's just because I'd rather live in naive bliss about the risks.

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• I was on the fence about it too.  I am going to be seen by the MFM doctors during my next pregnancy anyway, so it helped to meet them.  I really felt better after meeting with them and hearing what they had to say about it all.  We also made a plan for my next pregnancy so that I knew exactly what should happen.... and can make sure that my OB's actually do it.  I hope you have a good experience as well.
    IVF cycle 1-BPF!
    9/13/09-Twin boys born at 23 weeks due to Pprom.
    Ethan and Jacob-our beautiful angel babies lived for 11 minutes and 23 hours.
    Single embryo FET 12/2009-BFP! Blake born 8/2010 at 39 weeks after 36 hours of labor and an emergency c section < IVF 2- BPF! Due April 27th Our Story
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"