3rd Trimester

sex to help water bag to break? tmi...??

i know some women that have had sex and then their water broke soon after.  do you think this was just a coincidence or his peter : /  broke the bag?  this may be a dumb question and that's fine by me... i'm just curious.  dh and i had sex last night and then again this morning.   both doggie style and aggressive.  sorry for the visual.  i wonder if it will help??   do you have any thoughts or stories?

Re: sex to help water bag to break? tmi...??

• p.s. i went back and forth as whether i should post this or not.  hope it doesn't offend anyone.  it shouldn't.  we are all going through the same thing!!
  • I haven't told DH that's the reason for the recent upswing in our love life.  I have no idea if it really helps but even if it doesn't it is still fun right :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • DH's penis does not go through your cervix, so no, it is not THAT that ruptures the water bag.

Sex can induce labor but that is not why... it can cause your uterus to contract.

In my bag: Canon 60D, 50mm 1.4, Tamron 28-75 2.8, 430exii Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Medically speaking, its not the peter that breaks the water, its the semen that stimulates labor which can cause your water to break. ;o)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    'Til He returns, or calls me home,
    Here in the power of Christ I stand.
  • I'm not sure if it would work but I could not even handle "wild" sex right now if I wanted to...
  • I think it is more the contractions of orgasm that help the labor progress than his peter itself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedavis721:

i know some women that have had sex and then their water broke soon after.  do you think this was just a coincidence or his peter : /  broke the bag?  this may be a dumb question and that's fine by me... i'm just curious.  dh and i had sex last night and then again this morning.   both doggie style and aggressive.  sorry for the visual.  i wonder if it will help??   do you have any thoughts or stories?

Haha This is very funny!!!

• No... the reason sex is effective in inducing labor is for two reasons - the semen has prostaglandins, which can help soften the cervix and when the woman has an orgasm, her uterus can contract which can jump start things.

It has nothing to do with penetration or position... or aggression.?

• imageRanda&Jerm:
    Medically speaking, its not the peter that breaks the water, its the semen that stimulates labor which can cause your water to break. ;o)

interesting! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • OMG I just played out that scene in my head of my water breaking on DH. He would be scarred for life after that! LMAO, ewwwww...
  • ya i know about the orgasm and the semen just was wondering about the different positions and if my doc can stick her finger up in my cervix why can't dh's penis.  haha... sounds crazy but just asking... i think i got my answer...  :)
  • you are all making me lmao!
  • I can't stop laughing at "peter". Really.

• imagehocus:

So unless he is very long, you are hugely dilated and his penis has a sharp point on the end it really doesn't seem plausible.

Gahhh...there are no words to describe how funny I found this. 

• i guess i should have said i am 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced...
  • imagedavis721:
    i guess i should have said i am 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced...

It still doesn't work that way... the sex won't prevent labor, so keep at it, but your water will not break because of what you described.?

• I have witnessed water bags breaking just under the pressure of an internal exam. Theoretically your husbands penis could break it if you're dilated enough. His penis would have to be pretty long and <4cm in girth at the tip and sort of pointy. Hopefully this isn't the case. Stick out tongue
  • imageRanda&Jerm:
    Medically speaking, its not the peter that breaks the water, its the semen that stimulates labor which can cause your water to break. ;o)

This.  I had sex 2 days ago, but no luck.  I've read that if your body is on the verge of going into labor then this will work, but if you body isn't ready, there's no amount of sex that can get it going.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"