Upstate NY Babies
Options

One Step ahead "puzzle" play mat?

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6683&cmSource=Search

Does anyone have this? I'm looking for some reviews. I THINK i want it.. the price seems REALLY, REALLY good.. 26 piece... if i'm doing the math right you could make a 4'x6' mat with 2 left over, right? for $30? That seems exceptionally good (Especially since I think most of the stuff in that catalog is over priced) ..

The other issue is I don't know where I'd put it.. but I could deal with that small aspect later. :)

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
imagebabies
baby growth

Re: One Step ahead "puzzle" play mat?

• Options

My friend has this for her 6 year old boy.  I was babysitting him last spring and we played with it - he took apart all the letters and then we put them in.  It was exciting to him because he had recently learned his alphabet.  So at least you know she will get use out of it for quite a while.

Later on he was running around his playroom and his action figures were "fighting" and he kept landing on the mat on his knees.  So I think it is also good for a little padding, haha.  We may do this in the future and just put it in her nursery (hardwood floors) for this reason too.

• Options

I've been looking around at similar mats, but just plain ones.  We have hardwood and are thinking of getting rid of our area rug and putting down mats in the family room so Liam has somewhere soft to play and that repells dog hair a little better than my wool rug (that i love and will be sad to see go).  The cheapest I've found is here:

www.ezgooddeals.com/economy_mat.php

I don't think they are quite as thick as the ones you were looking at, but they come with edging that I think I want. We are also looking to get more than 26 sq ft.

Also another cheap site I found was:

www.getrung.com

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I can't tell if the alphabet puzzle comes with the edges and corners?  If not, I would buy them too to make the sides smooth.

But the actual pieces and letters are really durable.  Like I said, my friend's son play pretty rough, although maybe just normal boy play, and none of his letters were ripped or anything.  And he spilled juice on the mat a different time I was there and it was easy to wipe up.

• Options
    walgreens has one for 9.99. it might not be the same quality but we will buy it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"