Breastfeeding
Options

Pumping at work is not going well all of a sudden...

I was pumping 3 times a day when I went back in September but I found that I got the same amount if I pumped just 2x a day.  I've been doing that for a couple of weeks now.  I was getting around 15-16 ounces (total, by the end of the day), now I'm only getting around 12.  Jack is taking 3 6oz bottles at daycare, so I've been supplementing with formula, which I am fine with, but I'm worried that if this continues I'm not going to get anything when I pump.  He's 6 1/2 months old, and I want to keep nursing till about a year.  Any suggestions or ideas to help?  Thanks :)

Re: Pumping at work is not going well all of a sudden...

• Options
    Go back to pumping 3x or add in another pumping session sometime. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree, add the 3rd back in.  Same thing happened to me and I noticed that it just took a while for my body to adjust to the fewer pumpings.  If you go back to 3, it'll take a week or 2 but you should be able to get back up to where you used to be or at least closer than where you're at now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would go back to pumping 3x per day.  Let the pump run for a few minutes after the last drop; you will frequently have a second let down.  Try taking a Fenugreek supplement.  Make Lactation Cookies (you need to eat about 4 per day to see an impact) https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/LACTATION-COOKIES-1252680 - double the quantity of chocolate chips.  Start eating oatmeal daily.
  • Options

imageMrsRoehl_2008:
    I would go back to pumping 3x per day.  Let the pump run for a few minutes after the last drop; you will frequently have a second let down.  Try taking a Fenugreek supplement.  Make Lactation Cookies (you need to eat about 4 per day to see an impact) https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/LACTATION-COOKIES-1252680 - double the quantity of chocolate chips.  Start eating oatmeal daily.

Agreed, but know that fenugreek can make your LO gassy. I also pump after he goes to bed and first thing in the morning. He nurses off one side, I pump the other (before he gets up).

Are you using a hands-free pumping bra?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"