Working Moms
Options

Leaving for an 11 day business trip Monday (whine)

Yes, I am whining.  I am going to need lots of support, because I am not excited about this at all.  I have a web cam, so that I can skype with DS.  We are going to practice this weekend to see if he gets the concept. 

I am not happy about this trip.  At all.  I am just trying to hang onto the fact that one week after I get back, we leave for Thanksgiving vacation. Sigh....

Who else has been away from your LO this long?  Any suggestions other than skype?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Leaving for an 11 day business trip Monday (whine)

• Options
    I'm so sorry-- I would hate it too.  DH is leaving for 10 days on Sunday-- we probably won't even do webcam b/c of work schedules. 
  • Options

I haven't been away for that long, so I don't have any advice, but whine away!  That seems like a long time. 

Hopefully, though, at least you will get some rest and be able to take long showers and to eat dinner without trying to intercede before the green beans go flying across the dining room. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never gone away that long and I would be a total wreck too.  I hope the trip goes by fast and try to enjoy it (hopefully you are going somewhere good?).  Just remember your LO has no concept of time so once you are back it'll be like you never left! Oh - bring lots of pictures!
  • Options

imageduchess0727:
    I've never gone away that long and I would be a total wreck too.  I hope the trip goes by fast and try to enjoy it (hopefully you are going somewhere good?).  Just remember your LO has no concept of time so once you are back it'll be like you never left! Oh - bring lots of pictures!

Really?  He has no concept of time? Honestly, I have been afraid that the time away would somehow change our relationship--at least for a little while.  I know that is a crazy, paranoid fear.  I just can't help it.  I am a wreck.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I feel  your pain. Next week I leave for an international trip and I'm trying not to think about it. I'm afraid to talk to him over the phone because I don't if it will upset him.
  • Options

I'll whine with you... I'm in a five-week stretch where I have three, count 'em THREE business trips. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. The first one was last week and now I have two more to get through.

To make it even worse, I was home this week, but DH had a business trip! So that makes four out of five weeks not seeing my husband.

If it helps at all... my DD is a little older and at your DS's age, she handled my travels pretty well. Now, she definitely realizes what's going on and cries for whichever parent is not there Sad Having heard her cry for DH all week, it breaks my heart knowing she'll be doing the same thing for me next week.

Like you, I'm hanging on to the fact that soon after my last trip, we get to travel as a family for Thanksgiving. And soon after that, I'll be grounded for the remainder of my pregnancy + maternity leave, so I won't have to travel again until probably June! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I have no advice. Just hang in there, and know there's someone else out there suffering with you Sad

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"