LGBT Parenting

Friday Feelings

How is everybody today?

(All are welcome, of course)

Mrs._F
sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Friday Feelings

• We did a rather spontaneous insem last night. (More info on my blog.) We may/most likely will be doing one more soon.

Now I'm not looking forward to heading to work (C's taking a personal day), a bit anxious to hear back from my acupuncturist about a short-notice session (and trying to squeeze that in) and excited about our home inspection this afternoon. 

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a little tired today.  My morning nausea and toothbrushing-induced nausea have both returned.  My shaky evenings are now made even more fun by burping/indigestion.  Good times!  Still, better than feeling sick all day, every day - so I will take it Wink

I'm feeling a little weird today becuase of our trip to tell my mom et al tomorrow.  I really have no idea how she's going to take the news.  I know she's not going to be thrilled and all "Hooray I'm a grandma" - but other than that, I don't know how good/bad/otherwise it will be.  I'm not really stressing about it, just feeling weird, knowing it's coming.  I'm glad to have the cat out of the bag, though.

Otherwise, I'm doing well.  C and I are having fun watching my belly grow, and we're both just so excited.  Word is spreading around at work, so I'm getting lots of congratulations, which is fun too.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • So you guys know I was bad sick last week... well, I'm fine now except for a lingering cough. I went to the doc this morning to get it checked out and she's confident its not a secondary infection, so I'll just ride it out with a prescription cough med she gave me.

I can deal with all that... what I can't deal with is the strained muscle I gave myself from all the coughing. I'm in so much pain and before the doc told me it was probably just a strained muscle, thought I had bruised/cracked a rib. Last night I was in agony... as in, crying from the pain and if it had gotten any worse, was going to make Trav take me to the hospital.

Unfortunately there isn't really anything she can do for it (I can ice it and take tylenol)... but she's hoping the cough meds will work well so that I can at least give the muscle a break and start to heal.

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • Hi!  This is my first official post on The Bump, after a few weeks of lurking.  My partner and I are (cautiously) excited about me being pregnant after 5 cycles of IUIs. I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow - crazy!

How I'm feeling today: relieved after telling some people we were nervous about sharing the news with; nervous about telling my boss this afternoon; guilty about not having told our families yet (we're pretty sure our parents are going to do a little initial freaking out, even though we think they'll be fine in the long run); and excited about the weekend because I can't wait to get some good sleep! 

J

• EitW -- Welcome to the board and congratulations!!!  It is going to be an exciting trip for you and your partner!  

AFU: We're doing good.  Shawn's (my DP) is still playing with the sethoscope nightly.  I'm just feeling kinda crummy today (morning sickness hit me again! @ 18 weeks?) Anyway.. just taking it easy and I might just kick back and read my book today.  Someone had shared on this site about MommaBargin.. (Thank you!!) I had just ordered a sling which I think will look really good when I am carrying LB (Little Bean) around!  Still counting down the days until our big ultrasound! 

• ::sigh:: I cant help but feel heartbroken at the fact that we've come to the end of another month with no license.  i hate being sad all the time. I'm ready to catch my break now please.
  • it's not friday anymore. Embarrassed things have been so crazy and i've been such a bad poster lately.

right now i'm feeling so excited and nervous! i can't believe that really any day now we could be mommies! we've been getting a lot of stuff done over the last week: getting the car seat and installing it, getting the mattress in the crib, putting together the play yard thing, getting last minute supplies together, washing things that he'll be needing right away. I STILL need to finish getting the hospital bag together, but I've got a start on it and have the medical POA paperwork out and ready to go along with some other things we'll need. i can't believe we're so close!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"