Washington Babies

Bumpie positive thoughts - Dad's surgery tomorrow

So usually I am a pretty private person when it comes to really personal, emotional things, but I have gotten to know many of you and I really need as much support as I can get. So tomorrow my dad will be undergoing his sixth surgery in three years. He has stage 4 colon cancer, which means that it has gone to the liver. So he will never go into remission, but they can still control it through surgery and chemo. The surgery today is a little tougher because the doctor has to go in through his back and deflate his lungs before he can operate on his liver. My mom is really having a hard time since, at the last surgery, my dads heart stopped during recovery. We are all going to be sitting in an ER waiting room tomorrow morning at UW medical center and since my dad believes in the power of positive thoughts and prayers I am asking you lovely ladies for them. Also every year we do the Mercer Island Run for colon cancer research if any of you want to join us I will invite you when we are putting together our team. Team G-Unit (a nickname for my dad).

Re: Bumpie positive thoughts - Dad's surgery tomorrow

• Thoughts & prayers to your family. I hope things go smoothly for your Dad and he recovers quickly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You know I'll be thinking of G-Unit and all of you guys all day.  Love.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh Melody, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tomorrow.  I hope your dad's surgery goes well and he's able to Trick o' Treat for some good drugs on Saturday. :) Big big hugs woman, I'll be thinking of you.  Please keep us posted.  xooxox

• Oh Melody, what a scary situation to be in.. all my thoughts and prayers are coming your way!   Im sure your dad will rock his surgery tomorrow!  
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • I'm sending all my good juju your dad's way that the surgery goes quickly and easily.  He is obviously a tough fighter and I know he will be out of surgery, awake and smiling with you and your family in no time.  (((Melody and G-Unit)))

image Visit The Nest!

• Sending lots of T&P's to you all!
  • Thinking of you & your family Melody and best wishes for great results for your Dad. 
    collage Cooper Flynn is 3 years old and growing! May 10,2009 Miscarriage April 2008 Ectopic pregnancy August 2011
  • Huge hugs to you and the best of thoughts to your dad.  I've been there, in the UW waiting room for cancer surgery (for my husband).  They are good.  They will take good care of him.  Bring something to pass the time with your family, it makes it easier.  We played cards and it really helped.  Best of luck to you all.
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • I'll definitely be keeping your dad and your whole family in my thoughts tomorrow. ?Big hugs, Melody!
  • wow..talk about invasive. Will definitely be praying for you and your dad tomorrow.

::hugs::
  • I will most definitely keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
  • Oh Melody :(  My thoughts and prayers are Dad and family.
  • Your dad will definitely be in my thoughts.  Good luck.

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• T&P to you and your family, Melody. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• My thoughts are with you and your family today, Melody. I hope everything goes well for your Dad.
  • I just saw this this morning and am thinking of you and praying for your dad right now!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • Wishing your dad a quick and easy operation. My dad has gone through several surgies too, and I hate that feeling of waiting and wondering. I hope you have a very uneventful time though.
    Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • Positive thougths coming your way! Please update us and let us know how it goes!!!

• Lots of T&P, headed your way. I hope his surgery goes smoothly and that his recovery is speedy. ((HUGS MAMA)).
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Melody, all my most healing thoughts are headed to your dad today!! I pray it's a successful surgery! Count me in for the run next time, I'd love to help you support such a good cause.
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aw mel...big hugs to you and your fam!  awesome vibes for papa-g!!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"