Nurseries and Baby Gear

Deep red walls in a nursery

Looking for inspiration, has anyone seen a boys nursery with deep red walls. 

Pics?

Re: Deep red walls in a nursery

• I don't have any inspiration, but just a FYI, which you may already know. Red is the biggest PIA to paint. just be prepared for alot of coats.

I have one redish color wall in my room and it took a whole gallon of paint for one wall. lol

I love the color red though so if you do end up doing it be sure to post pictures :)

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My spare room (future nursery) is already red, and you are right, it was a major pain to paint it. 5 coats.  But I love the color and to paint over it will pain me.  So I'm trying to find some way to make it work as a nursery theme.

If I stick with it, I'll post some photos

• If you prime before you paint, it should not take 5 coats, that's ridiculous.  Our bedroom in our old house was a deep red and it took 2 coats.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagextencornfield:
    If you prime before you paint, it should not take 5 coats, that's ridiculous.  Our bedroom in our old house was a deep red and it took 2 coats.

Ditto this.  Our dining room was one coat of primer and one coat of red paint.  Primer is key. 

And try www.hgtv.com/ratemyspace for inspiration pics.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've seen a lot of black & white bedding lately.  It might be cute with the red walls and a few red accents.  You could hang some bigger black & white photos or art to cut the color up a little bit. 

BTW, it totally depends on the shade and vibrance of the red and the current wall color how many coats it will take.  We did a bright fire engine red in a house once and it took primer plus 3 coats and probably could have taken a 4th.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Just a word of advice I learned at Sherwin Williams.  Use GRAY primer, not red or white.  For some reason gray is the best color primer to use when painting red walls.  Hope that helps!

And, I love the idea of deep red walls in a boy's nursery!

• I don't have pictures to share yet, but we used a red stripe in our room.  We are doing a sports theme and used NoJo's My Little MVP bedding as inspiration.  I didn't buy the bedding set, just using a few of the things and other accessories from random places.

I also agree with pp about black/white bedding.  It would look good with some red accents.

• I will have pics of the completed nursery to post in about 2 weeks if you want to check back?  We are using what used to be our office and left the walls the deep red color that they were.  The nursery will be gender neutral though as we do not know the sex of the baby!
  • imageNovem06:
    I will have pics of the completed nursery to post in about 2 weeks if you want to check back?  We are using what used to be our office and left the walls the deep red color that they were.  The nursery will be gender neutral though as we do not know the sex of the baby!

Thank you!  Yes, I would love to see some pictures. 

• My shower is next Saturday so we will be trying to get it mostly put together on Sunday and get pictures up early next week!  The curtains and glider will probably be the only thing missing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"