Multiples

It's going to be a loooong 16 weeks :( - vent

Sorry, I just needed to vent and my FI doesn't seem to understand where I'm coming from. I spent 4 hours today in L&D; Iwas having contractions from dehydration and a UTI. Fortunately, my cervix was long and closed (yay!). I was just very uncomfortable. After some IV antibiotics and 2 bags of fluids, I'm feeling muc better. This is my second UTI in 6 weeks, and this time they gave me Bactrim; last time I had Macrobid. We got home, and FI headed off to work once I was settled. We got in a small fight because I told him I felt like a burden right now - its been one thing after another with this pregnancy. He of course said I wasn't, but I could tell he was getting annoyed with me and my list of complaints and ailments. I am a very healthy person, and this pregnancy has thrown me for a loop. I'm so grateful to have my 2 little ones healthy and doing well, but I just want the old me back. I don't mean to sound selfish, but I've been missing work and not going out with friends, etc because I just feel like absolute crap 98% of the time. I hate feeling like a burden, and just want to be normal again. And of course my FI can't reallu sympathize with me - he isn't gaining weight, or have bad skin, or leaky boobs, or morning sickness - still. Does anyone else feel like this? I know I am so blessed, but I really do not enjoy being pregnant :( anyone share my painfrustration?? And sorry for any typos, I'm doing this on my BB, as my laptop has a virus :(

Re: It's going to be a loooong 16 weeks :( - vent

• I feel your pain for sure.  I'm on bed rest for a shortening cervix and looks like I will be until the end...4.5 months from now.  I had MS since 6 weeks and was just starting to feel better and then this happened.  I won't get to do all the fun stuff that I was looking forward to...shopping, baby showers holidays etc.  I just keep the end results in mind and then I feel better.  Good luck to you and your little ones!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Notes:
  • sorry you are having such a rough time.

I think it can be hard on men when they don't know what to do to fix you... they hate to see you suffer and want to make it right- but in this case- he can't. 

When I was pg both times, DH was amazing and did almost everything around the house - soemtimes he did it happily- sometimes i knew he was wishing I could help.... so i made sure to thank him often and let him know how much I appreciated his help, etc... how good it made me feel knowing that he would help me, etc...

you'll get there!

• Loading the player...
  • It's hard for anyone to understand how being pregnant with multiples takes over your life. Even people pregnant with singletons have no clue. Of course it's going to be hard for your DH to understand. Pregnancy really does take over your body and change the way you're used to living. Unless you're like some girls on here that are having relatively easy, comfortable pregnancies - which is great for them, just not standard.

Good luck! People on this board are really helpful and made me feel alot better when I was/am complaining. You're totally not alone. I only have 8/9 weeks left and it still feels like an eternity so I can imagine how frustrated you must be with 16 to go. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I understand.  I don't feel as much of a burden as I do helpless.  Kind of the same but a little different.  I feel more vulnerable, like when I decide to take off on a 2 hour trip by myself in the rain or loading heavy things into my car.  And what is an Fl?  I'm assuming your man but what does it stand for?
  • My poor husband now has to do all the housework (i'm on modified bedrest)and is only home for three 1/2 days a week. He also has to help his mom and dad who are much older and live next door. I feel like a huge lump on a log and I am miserable 1/2 the time. Hang in there, drink tons of water!
  • I so understand! Being on bedrest in the hospital for two months, my poor husband has had to not only work but also be a temporary "mom" to our little girl, take care of our house, and make the long trip to see me almost every day. He is doing so much for me and our family, and I feel like the only thing I ever give him back is dirty laundry and continuous "to do" lists.

I'm so grateful to have such an amazing guy. I've always known how lucky I am to have him, but until this happened I couldn't begin to understand how much he would do to take care of me and our daughter--and all without a bit of complaint!

But just like you, I'm so tired of feeling like such a burden. I can't wait to get back to being a real wife to him, and not just a big pregnant hospital patient he visits. Just try to remember everything he does is his way of showing he loves you--and he'd probably much rather take care of you than have to go through childbirth!

• Thanks so much for your thoughts and reassurance ladies!! Its nice to know I'm not alone. I've made a personal resolution to tell my fiance how much I appreciate him, and what he's doing to help out. And also to let him know that it won't be like this forever :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"