Georgia Babies

Nervous about time change

Any advice on how to make sure Colin isn't up at 5 am? Recently he's been getting up at the stroke of 6 which is ROUGH considering he used to sleep until 7:30/8. I am so nervous that he will want to start the day before dawn.
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Nervous about time change

• well I am in your same boat/hell and I am nervous as hell.

you know, I used to relish this day each year when on/near my birthday I would get an extra hour of sleep.  now I have children and it makes me want to stab myself.

• I'll probably jinx myself here, but each year I've had the same fear and each year it's been just fine. Hopefully the kiddos decide to stay asleep a bit longer and don't wake us up at the crack of dawn!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think last year we tried to ease into the time change and we just adjusted his bedtime by 15 minutes each day. That way it wasn't a massive change in one day. It mostly worked :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • well this week I have  been pushing everything out 30 to 45 minutes to get ready.  But he is still waking up at the same early time (5:50 to 6:30).  So I hope that changes once he gets use to the new time.
  • imagehthomas02:

you know, I used to relish this day each year when on/near my birthday I would get an extra hour of sleep.  now I have children and it makes me want to stab myself.

ditto!!!

• This was probably a bad week for me to try to start E on a sleeping routine...too bad I didn't realize it until after I had committed to doing this...groan....
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • It wasn't as bad as I expected last year... but I'm not feeling so confident either.  He hasn't been sleeping great lately- wakes up during the night but as long as we don't go in, he will put himself back to sleep in a few minutes.  If we go in- all hell breaks loose and we all end up watching Yo Gabba Gabba at 3 am.  Only problem is that I actually sleep walk into his room- don't even know I am doing it until its too late... lol.  DH has actually pushed me back down into bed to keep me from going in there!  So as long as I can avoid doing this on Sunday night... we might be ok :-)

• I pray it's not bad- if it is then I am going to go insane and will need a long hospital stay in the crazy mommy ward!  It's been a week from Hell!  TGIF!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"