Multiples
Options

I took all 3 out by myself for the first time today- succeeded!

Griffin was home again today (he was really sick yesterday with stomach bug)... but he was feeling fine - so i decided we'd all go to Target together, since we needed formula and more baby socks.

I wore Grayson in the Bjorn, Griffin sat in the cart seat and Gibby was in the infant seat in the big part of the cart.

Other than my back killing by the time we got back to the car (and it was a short trip)... it worked out great!  

And- nobody noticed I had twins - b/c they just thoguht the baby carrier was empty ... so nobody bugged me :)

I need to work on my core an back muscles so i can baby wear longer. Now that they are getting heavier (Gray is 15lb+ and Gibby 18lb+) it is hard to do for long.

Re: I took all 3 out by myself for the first time today- succeeded!

• Options

great job!

Good Luck building your muscles.  I need to do the same as my 8lbs of Jack kill me when he's in th Moby wrap.

• Options
    Wow, that's great!  Really impressive
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay!! How liberating!! You give me hope!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Congrats!!!!  I will hopefully be following in your footsteps soon....you are my idol right now..........:)

Was it worth the effort?

• Options
    *bows down*
  • Options
    imageDEP:

Congrats!!!!  I will hopefully be following in your footsteps soon....you are my idol right now..........:)

Was it worth the effort?

for me it's always worth the effort to get out of the house- I can't be home all day long... this whole maternity leave I have gone out at least once/day to do something... groceries, walk around town, visit friends, etc --- only on really rainy days do I stay inside all day.  That's probably why my back always hurts b/c i have been lugging around those infant carriers for 4+ mos and they are so freakin' heavy these days!

Thanks everyone - you will all be able to do it, too!  It's all about timing- always leave the house right after the babies have just eaten - then they are happy!   Timing it with the toddler is harder b/c he has more moody times of the day than the babies do :)

• Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

And- nobody noticed I had twins - b/c they just thoguht the baby carrier was empty ... so nobody bugged me :)

Maybe this is what I need to do next time then. I either a) push the duoglider and have Rhett on the monkey leash (success rate with this is hit or miss) or b) push the duoglider and pull a cart with Rhett in it behind me - depends on how much stuff I have to get. I can't ever get out of the store with less than 30 people telling me I have my hands full and it drives me nuts.

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

Congrats on your adventure!  We go to Target all the time - I usually put DD and one of the boys in my BOB (it's really easy to push) and the other little guy in the cart seat.  I push BOB and pull the cart behind/next to me.  It's the only way I've found to take everyone at once.  The only problem is when DD has to go to the bathroom. 

warning: Don't ever try this at Walmart...the one time I did, I was harrassed (seriously!) so much by gawking onlookers that I ended up taking DS out of the cart and pushing BOB with the other two right out of the store.  It should not take almost an hour to get diapers, deoderant and toilet paper.  Oh - and aluminum foil. 

• Options
    imageGoldie_Locks_5:

People must have think the same thing when we go out.

• Options
    wow that is awesome! Good job. You make me feel like there is hope if we have another one.
  • Options
    YAY!  It's hard work... but you did it!  I've only done it maybe 8-10 times since it is so much work, but now I know I can do it! :)
  • Options
    It cracks me up when I do it, people come up to me & and say things like "you're so brave" like my kiddies are dangerous caged animals or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"