Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Where did you deliver?

I had my son at Medical City Dallas, but now we live in McKinney and I am wondering if I should stay there or look else where.?

I love my OB/GYN, but was not crazy about my aftercare after having DS.

So where did you have your LO and did you like your birthing/aftercare experience??

?

Thanks!?

Photobucket

Re: Where did you deliver?

• I had DS @ Centennial in Frisco and had a wondeful experience.  I ended up having an emergency c-section on a Friday and couldn't of asked for better nurses, doctors or care.  They all really went out of the way to see that we were taken care of and comfortable.  DH & I did not want to leave it was so awesome there.

Good Luck!

• I delivered the twins at Baylor Frisco.  It was AWESOME!!  I was there 3 other times during the pregnancy (2 short visits for steroid shots and bedrest for 3 days) and couldn't have been happier with my experiences.  The nurses are super nice and helpful and attentive.  The food is actually great (they have student chefs on staff, we've heard) and they brought DH a tray for every meal I was there, including when I was there for bed rest.  I think this is typical in most hospitals, but we had a steak & lobster dinner before we left.  They also gave the boys blankets.  They didn't have a visitation policy, so we got to decide who was there and when.  One night, I think we had 10 people in my room....thankfully we were in a big one with a living area at the front!  Another cool thing was they gave my DH scrubs with the boys footprints on it.  Overall, a great experience and I would go back in a heartbeat.
  • Loading the player...
  • Baylor Dallas, i can't really comment on the delivery because i was soooo upset about having to be at the hospital in the first place, so it's not a "fair" comment, kwim?
  • I delivered at Allen Presby.  The hospital staff was great.  I love my midwife (I see the midwife at Craig Ranch OB/GYN), and the aftercare was great. 
  • med center of plano for dd1 and baylor frisco for dd2. and we'll do baylor frisco again for dc3 (we are in mckinney as well). i would switch dr's and cross 1000 seas to deliver at baylor frisco again if i had to. from what my OB and GP both said - every nurse in the area wanted to move there so they had their pick of the best. and it shows.
  • Baylor Frisco. LOVED it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Medical Center of Plano.  Had an amazing experience....but we also had a "hook-up" there.  Without asking: we got a suite for no extra charge (DH had his own room attached to mine, including TV, bed and bathroom), the Chef for the surgeons cooked for us, we had food delivered from some other fine-dining restaurants in the area and there were some other perks that I can't remember right now.  Everyone there was so great!  There was one L&D nurse that was my hero,during delivery and her visits to me after.

If I have another vaj delivery, that's where I will deliver again.  Most likely, I'll have a C-section.  If I have an emergency C-section, it'll be at Baylor Frisco......I'm not sure about a scheduled C-Sec. (which is most likely to happen)....I guess I need to ask OB at my next appoint. duh.

• Baylor Grapevine - it was heavenly. ?
  • I had both my girls at Las Colinas Medical Center. Not close for you but I did have two great experiences there.
  • Allen Birthing Center- LOVED it. Feel free to PM if you'd like more info :).
    {r 6.22.08}{m 3.5.10}{s 6.17.11}
  • I delivered at Centennial Medical Center.  I had a great experience there.  The nurses were great, as well as the nicu staff.  I was on mag sulfate and couldn't go see dd in the nicu, so my nurses checked on her almost every hour.  The lactation consultant came in on the weekend to make sure I was doing okay with pumping, etc.  If we are lucky enough to have another baby, I will be delivering there again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i delivered at the birth & womens center on swiss in dallas. i can't say enough wonderful things about the midwives, the post-partum nurses, the staff generally. all fabulous!

we also ended up at baylor dallas (3 blocks away) for 24 hours following the birth, and the NICU staff were great. they got us a hospital room (no charge) just down the hall from our girl.

• Allen Presby X2...loved it both times!
  • I delivered at McKinney and I am switching to Plano Presby this time around.  McKinney L&D was ok, but there was one nurse that made me cry, she was awful - DH even agreed with me - they also never had the right bp cuff on me, ended up with c-section.  The post-partum was not so hot either.  The nurses were just hit or miss - if I got a good one she was really good, but the bad ones just canceled the good ones out.  I'm pretty laid back and I was surprised that I was not happy since I am pretty low maintenance.  I was with Craig Ranch OB/GYN and they were just ok also - I'm much happier with my current dr. 
  • Another vote for Baylor Frisco! I would go back there in a heartbeat. The nurses and rooms were amazing!
  • imagee_b_r:

i delivered at the birth & womens center on swiss in dallas. i can't say enough wonderful things about the midwives, the post-partum nurses, the staff generally. all fabulous!

Glad to hear this!  We're going with the BWC as well.  So far it's been a great experience.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered at Frisco Baylor and it was awesome.  The nursing staff was superb.  I went to the hospital at 3 am and they were still friendly at that hour, even when I threw up in the lobby.  All the nurses were great. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"