North Carolina Babies
Options

s/o What kind of sippy cup is best for first time use?

We haven't used a sippy cup yet with Jack, but since he is 5.5 months, we may try soon. What is the best kind to use for the first time / with a younger baby?

Re: s/o What kind of sippy cup is best for first time use?

• Options
    I would get one with a soft silicone spout and handles.  I think Eli's first cups were Nuby.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We have this one by Nuby.  It is a soft spout. 

No-Spill? Twin Handled 1st Cup Stage 2

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAngelPack:

ditto :)

• Options
    We have the Nuby too, but ours looks a little different. I tried the Avent kind, but it seems she drinks more out of the Nuby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Those were the Nubys we had too. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageAngelPack:

same here. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We like the Munchkin ones better than the Nuby's, but we have some of both, and they are very similar.  Liam liked the soft spout and handles for learning to use his sippy.
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

There is a great one at Walmart that is Nuby (and I put WM in there because I checked Target and BRU too and can't find it there). ?It is a 3 stage cup, it comes with a nipple, a sippy lid and a straw lid so you can kind of ease them in to it. ?It was $5 and O loves it, he drinks out of the sippy and nipple part now, we haven't tried the straw part.

?

• Options
    I love the Munchkin cup - we tried several and this has worked best.  Good luck!
  • Options

We use the munchkin one that looks like the Nuby as well. But our fave is a Nuk one--kind of hard to find, but Holly likes it best. The spout is softer than the Munchkins, like a bottle nipple. We got them @ Walmart. Looks like this...

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    imageMrsHughesNC:

We use the munchkin one that looks like the Nuby as well. But our fave is a Nuk one--kind of hard to find, but Holly likes it best. The spout is softer than the Munchkins, like a bottle nipple. We got them @ Walmart. Looks like this...

We use the Munchkin ones as well- for some reason the suction on the Nuby ones never worked right for us and the top was always getting messed up.

I really want to try this one though, Hughes...looks like it might not leak as easily. And I love that it comes with a LID- why don't they all come with a lid???

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagejenhum:
    imageMrsHughesNC:

We use the Munchkin ones as well- for some reason the suction on the Nuby ones never worked right for us and the top was always getting messed up.

I really want to try this one though, Hughes...looks like it might not leak as easily. And I love that it comes with a LID- why don't they all come with a lid???

I agree! That's the reason I don't like the Munchkins as much--if the silicone parts get unaligned with the top even a tiny bit, they leak. I have had NO leaks with the Nuk. The lid is very nice!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Thanks everyone. This should help me narrow down my choices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"