Multiples
Options

Dopplers

If you had one how often did you use it? I am scared I am hurting my babies. I have been using it 2-3 times a day for less than a minute each time. I just locate them then turn it off. But now I am paranoid.  Maybe I will make DH hide it from me for a few days.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dopplers

• Options
    I used mine every day for a few days and then stopped.  But that was just because I was starting to get ultrasounds more frequently.  I don't think you can use it "too much."  I don't think you are harming the babies at all.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

From what I have read, dopplers are completely safe.  They are just amplifying sound waves and are posing no threat or issue to the babies.

I used one with my first pregnancy from 10 weeks up until about 30 weeks.  I used it at least every day.  My OB said that was fine, just to not get too obsessed with it.  Her concern was that I wouldn't be able to find the HB and get stressed.  But I was aware of that and just used it to reassure myself.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i rented one at 19 weeks and used it at least twice a day for the next month or so, and then once a day or maybe a little less after that. the peace of mind it gave me far outweighed any possible risks.
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

Can I piggyback on this question?  DH and I are thinking about renting one of the Hebebe dopplers to ease my mine for a while.  With my history I am terrified. 

If you rented one, where did you rent it?

Does it work with multiples?  I read somewhere that some drs won't use the doppler on multiples?

TIA!!!

• Options

I got mine from heartbeatsathome.com

It works great, you just can;t be positive you are getting both hbs is the reason some drs. won't use them and do u/s instead.  Mine's heart rates have always been similar so its impossible to know if we are hearign both, but just hearing one and possible both makes me feel a million times better.

• Options

i can't remember where i got mine, but i got the kind with the digital readouts so i could differentiate the babies by their heartrates.

and my OB always checked for them with the doppler instead of u/s. i hated that, though. 

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options

I rented from bellybeats.com and used it at least everyday until I could feel them moving. After that I used it when they were being lazy and I wasn't feeling them, I didn't use it the last month and then sent it back. I think it was $40/month. I worried about using it too much so I asked my OB and he said it wasn't a problem, just to not let it freak me out.

Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"