North Carolina Babies
Options

When did you start the sippy cup?

I meant to ask the pedi about this earlier today, but I was so caught up and worried about Rosalyn (she's a little under the weather) that I totally forgot to ask about this.  When did you start it?  What did you put in it and how much?  I've read 6 months is a good time to start, but I was just curious what other moms have done.  Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: When did you start the sippy cup?

• Options
    We started giving her a sippy of water around 5-5.5 mo but she really didn't do much with it until about 7-8 mo.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

We just started last weekend for fun.  I put an ounce of water in there but he couldn't get it tilted high enough so I put more but keep him from drinking more than about an ounce.  We just give it every now and then when we are all at the dinner table if we are eating before bedtime so that he has something to do while we eat.  He loves it. 

My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started around 6-7 months.  He never would drink much out of it until we transitioned off bottles though.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We started early courtesy of daycare.  DS just gets to play with it and sip from it at meal time and sometimes daycare puts ice in it and lets him chew on it for teething.  He loves the thing!  We put about an ounce of water in there at a time. 
  • Options
    We gave it to Nolan at 5/5.5 months just to play with.  He can't tip it back far enough to drink from it yet, but that's not for lack of trying if I put an ounce or two of water in it. He definitely knows how to hold a sippy and what he's supposed to do with it at this point. 
    Catching up on sports news...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We started at 5 months and he would really just play with it. By 6.5-7 months he started drinking. I always fill it because it makes it easier for him to drink, but he definitely doesn't drink much. He loves ice too!
    image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options
    We haven't yet, but I guess we should try it soon. It makes me sad to think about my baby drinking from a sippy cup. That seems like such a big boy thing to do...
  • Options
    we started a little at 4 months, then gave it to her more over the next couple months.  she loves it now, but still doesnt totally get the hang of it.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"