Working Moms

What's on DC's menu for daycare at 11months?

I'm wondering what you send your child to daycare with in regards to food. We are slow moving from purees into solids - so in the morning she has cereal and puree fruit. Puree veg at lunch and then cheerios and a fruit for snack. In the evenings I give her small pieces of veggies (peas, carrots) to get her used to the textures. Should I send her in with some of those veggies to daycare?

I'm just not ready for the transition from bottle to solids. Bottle was so much easier!

Jen, married 09.07.07
Sydney, born 11.26.08

Re: What's on DC's menu for daycare at 11months?

• My DD is a bit younger, but we're moving into solids now, so I figured I'd respond!

She does fruit puree w/ cereal in a.m.,  veg puree w/ cereal for lunch, and snacks are-- puffs, teething biscuits, or goldfish.  I've also seen babies around your DD's age eating broken crackers, shredded cheese, and yogurt.  You may just check the baby food aisle at Target for ideas.  They have several transition foods on the market now.

And I can totally relate-- the liquid diet is so much easier!  And until she can have what we're having, it is hard to figure it out!

ETA:  You may want to talk to DCP about it.  They probably have more ideas about what to send.  Does your DCP do lunch for the older kids?  There are babies in DD's room that are transitioning to the older room and they will give them a lunch plate like they would get in their next room-- they just break it up or help them feed. 

• We still send applesauce for breakfast, and a jar of veggies to have at lunch, but they send trays for the babies that are on table food so he eats whatever the big kids are eating- sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, mac and cheese, ect and whatever veggies they are having including carrots, peas, green beans.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DCP will only do purees/cereal for any baby less than a year.  So DS gets fruit and cereal for breakfast and a veggie puree and cereal for lunch.  He also gets crackers, which are crunched up, to practice his dexterity.

At home he eats whatever we eat for dinner, either cut up or put through the foodmill.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"