North Carolina Babies

Herpangina?

Rosalyn was diagnosed with Herpangina this morning.  I had never heard of it at all.  The doctor acted as though it was super common and that most babies got it.  She's had a high fever, but it's gone down some.  She wasn't acting hungry and has slept a lot.  We already had a well visit scheduled for today so I knew she'd get check out.  The kicker was when I woke her up this morning and she had a rash all over her body.  That scared me, but it seems to be a normal symptom of this. This is the info my DH found on it:

https://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/UVAHealth/peds_dental/herpangi.cfm

Has anyone heard of it or dealt with it before? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Herpangina?

• Hmm...I've never heard of it.  I hope she feels better soon!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I haven't heard of it either but it does not sound fun.  I hope she is feeling better soon!
    My sweet boy :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hadn't heard of it, but it sounds like she should be better soon. Poor thing. Here's the wikipedia info about it.
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• DS had it at 12 months. The name sounds far worse than it actually is! DS had 3-4 days of really high fever (103-105) and very fatigued but no other symptoms. Pedi recommended to go without tylenol or motrin during the day and keep light or no clothing on to help his body cool. Use tylenol/motrin at night to help him sleep. He said the high fever is necessary to fight the virus.

Hope she feels better soon!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"