Birth Stories

Karrington's Birth Story med free

My due was September 15. But my daughter had other plans. I awoke on Friday, August 28  to go to the bathroom once again at approx. 6 am and thought I peed my pants as I scooted to the edge of the bed. I went to the bathroom and changed my underwear. I was still under the impression that I had peed my pants. When I got back in bed I realized that was not what happened. I began having contractions that were way different then what I had been experiencing. So I got up and got in the shower because I thought I still had quite a few hours to go. I had been 2 cm dialated at my last 2 appts. As I stood in the shower I began to think that there was no way my contractions were more than 5 min apart.

I got out of the shower and realized that they were 4 min apart. We called the doctor who told us to go to the hospital. At about 7:45 am they said I was 5 cm and 100% effaced. They took me to my room, started my iv and put on my id bracelets. . In the meantime my dr had come in and said he might have to start me on pitocin since my water had broken. He was going to do a csection on someone else. They had asked me if I wanted an epidural and I said to go ahead and order one because I knew that it could take awhile for the anesthesiologist to come due to the csection. They had just hooked me up to the monitors, I told my nurse I needed to pee. She said okay and unhooked me from the monitors. As I sat down I felt pressure. I told her she probably needed to check me. She was very nice about it but you could tell she was thinking yeah right this is your first baby theres no way. She checked me and said I can't believe this your 8 to 9. Theres no way your too calm! I then said that I felt nauseous. She said to roll onto my left side, as soon as I did that I said roll me back. She hit the call light and said I need dr______ and I need help now! She had nothing set up and was running around trying to and telling me not to push. My dr was still in the csection. He came in I think about ten minutes later and asked me what my hurry was. They set everything up and told me that I could finally push. I don't think it was more than a few minutes but i wasn't watching the clock. Just a few pushes later we found out that our child was a 5lb 9 oz  17 1/2 in baby girl. For being a gd and 37 wk baby she was and is perfect.

So needless to say no epidural. But it was so fast that I'm glad I didn't get one. I definitely found out how strong I am.

Re: Karrington's Birth Story med free

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"