TTC after 35

Almost a week late and negative test

Hi...I'm new here.  I always know when I'm getting my period to almost the exact hour..however last month I was 4 days late and this month I'm almost a week late.  I took a test this morning and it came back negative so I'm just curious if this has happened to anyone else?

I didn't think about it until I realized I was late so I guess it could be a mental thing but now I'm freaking out a bit.

Anyone have this happen to them? 

Re: Almost a week late and negative test

• It's possible that you ovulated later than normal both last month and this month.  Are you charting by any chance?  For example, I had a nasty cold at the beginning of this cycle and lots of stress last cycle.  Subsequently, both cycles I ovulated later than "normal" for me (confirmed by charting).  
    dx: Fragile X Syndrome
  • Thanks for responding!  No I'm not charting...I'm not even sure what that means..lol  There are so many abbreviations on these websites that I am so lost.

I did just purchase the Clearblue Ovulation Kit to help us along but now I'm just waiting to get my period to actually use it unless it turns out that I am in fact pregnant.  I will wait another week and then test again I guess.

Thanks again :)

• Loading the player...
  • If you're interested in learning about how it all works, I highly recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility - even if you're using CBEFM.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • I've never heard of this..can you tell me more? Or tell me the author's name?

• The lingo can be overwhelming!  There is a Bump Glossary (link on lower left under the boards, etc list) which may be of some assistance to you.

Check out fertilityfriend.com if you are interested in charting your cycles. It's super helpful as there are tutorials that can show you how to chart using your basal body temperature and there is a lot of info on there in general.  

Good luck getting AF to show or a BFP!  And, welcome to this board. There are many really great women on here! 

dx: Fragile X Syndrome
  • Nevermind I found it on B&N..thanks again!
  • yes - I've had really late periods and early ones when I  TTC.  I think your mind can play with your body sometimes.  You want to be pregnant so your body tricks itself a bit and you get your period late.  When we were starting to TTC for #2, the doctor said we would start at the beginning of the following month with the meds.  I was so excited and couldn't wait- I ended up getting my period on day 17.  It was crazy!  The doctor said things like that sometimes happen. 
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• As previous posters said, Take Charge of Your Fertility, and Fertility Friend are great starts. There are tons of resources online for charting/temping. I found my basal body thermometer (BBT) at Walgreens. A usual therm wont work well enough, must get a BBT. It took a little getting used to, but its a regular part of our  morning now. My husband will ask what my temp was, and it gives us a little extra time to snuggle and wake up in the morning.

GL and welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"