Blended Families

How do you deal?

BM will call a lot and tell us one thing and the boys will have told us another. It sucks b/c we are not sure who is telling the truth and a lot of times I think BM is lying. How do you handle this? Its so frustrating

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you deal?

• By letting DH handle it and not getting involved. Your DH should know his ex and his children well enough to sort thru the "stories" to make a decision for himself. And if you need to be involved, he should also have enough sense to clue you in and discuss with you.

•  DH and I chat about everything and he has no clue who is telling the truth. I am only involved as a sounding board for DH. I am not chatting with BM about stuff he is. What was recently said and mixed up involved me also.

• Loading the player...
  • Guess it would depend on what we thought was being lied about. Although in our case, BM is always the one lying so it would be pretty easy for us to know who was telling the truth.
  • Who has a reason to lie? Who benefits the most by the story you're hearing?
    my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • We deal with this quite often.  Sometimes my DH will say that the three of them need to talk, and other times he will just leave it alone depending on what the issue is.
  • imagefellesferie:
    Who has a reason to lie? Who benefits the most by the story you're hearing?

Thats just it, neither one really benefit. Its just so stupid. Sometimes I think BM forgets she says things and SS's remember and she then claims she never said anything, 

• Then I wouldn't worry about it.  If it's not about something significant,  then it's not worth any attention.  You learn to just pass it off, or vent to someone about it if it bugs you, but if it's truly inconsequential - blow it off and don't take it up with her. 

• imagej+k:

By letting DH handle it and not getting involved. Your DH should know his ex and his children well enough to sort thru the "stories" to make a decision for himself. And if you need to be involved, he should also have enough sense to clue you in and discuss with you.

I agree!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"