Your thoughts — The Bump
Trouble TTC

Your thoughts

4 weeks ago I had my 2nd m/c.  I will be TTC again once AF arrives, but DH and I need to decide what we are going to do.  Here's my story:

I am currently seeing an immunological reproductive doc (not quite an RE, but close)  It turns out that I have a high concentration of NK cells (my body recognizes an embryo as a foreign object and attacks it) and treatment would include prednisone and intralipids infusion - before conception.  This is where things get tricky. 

Do we try on our own, having the IV infusion and predisone before I ovulate and then BD hoping to concieve (I would be monitored for ovulation).  OR do we go to IUI, doc wanted to try clomid in addition to make sure I produce a good egg.  OR jump right into IVF again - knowing there would be fertilization, etc.

DH and I will be making a decision soon, but I just wanted to hear your thoughts.  This is just so overwhleming.

surprise BFP 7/12/05 = missed m/c and D&C 9/28/05; TTC since 10/06; 1/16/08-D&C to remove bicournate uterus; 4 IUI's = BFN, 2 IVF's = BFFN. 8/5/09 Surprise BFP!! = another missed m/c and d&c 9/28/09 IVF #3 May 2010 = BFP!!!!  Beautiful DD born 1/16/2012.  8/1/13 Surprise BFP!!!  EDD 4/13/14.

Re: Your thoughts

  • Hi hon, come talk to us over on the IF board! I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
  • Hope you don't mind me jumping in.  First, I'm so sorry for your loss..sounds like you've been through alot and I hope you are successful with your next attempt.

    I just found out I have a high level of NK cells and currently going through my 5th IVF..I have my E/R tomorrow and had my intralipids transfusion last Friday.  If I were in your shoes I would probably go straight for the IVF to increase your chances...that is, if you have IVF covered through insurance.  If you are pay-out-of pocket then maybe doing IUI would be worth trying.  I'm sure you'll make the best choice for and dh.  I wish you the best!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards