Single Parents

Does dc's father acknowledge their birthday?

DD's birthday is today and still no word from him. You would think after four years I'd be use to it. He always has an excuse as to why he doesn't call, email or send a gift (and it's not even about a gift). I just want him to freakin' acknowledge today. He's always begging me to bring her to visit him (he lives in another state ... don't get me started on why he doesn't come here). I said I would just go about today and not care but it actually has me in tears. The day is early but I know him. Doucheslore.

Re: Does dc's father acknowledge their birthday?

• Keep your head up today isn't about him its about your beautiful daughter passing yet another milestone in her life. If her father is too dumb to make sure he is apart of those milestones than it is his loss. Trust me as she gets older, she will love you more for the way you made her feel special inspite of a difficult situation. My son is almost 12 and is the most amazing kid Ive ever met.
  • I hope you've cheered up!  Do not let him ruin your day! Take the emotions/energy that is being spent on him and channel it into something special for dd.  She will grow up knowing she has the best mommy and knowing all you have done for her and how special she feels etc...  PP is right about it being his loss!! 

Believe me i understand how it can make you feel but while i was in therapy i learned a lot and one thing was that our dd's never new any different- therefore these times aren't sad for them- they know no different and don't expect anything.  When I think through my dd's view I find that I hurt less because I realize she is not hurting or missing anything- it's me who "thought she would".  On her birthday your dd knows it is about you making it special, which I'm sure you did!!!

Kirsten DD 4-7-06
  • Loading the player...
  • DD's father won't even acknowledge that his the dad. so birthday?? yeah right. 

Aww, sweetie, dry those tears and give your DD the best day ever!!! I'm sure you have more than enough love for you and her dad combined. And you are all she needs to have a very happy birthday.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks. You all are right. Hopefully, one day I'll be able to stop letting him get to me even when he's not around.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"