Washington Babies

what can I make with soft apples?

My parents have an apple tree.  She gave me probably 30-40 small apples from it.  I guess they taste pretty good, but they are soft.  I'd like to bake something with them as we certainly won't eat them before they go bad.  I do not want to make applesauce or anything like that.

Any suggestions?

T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.

Re: what can I make with soft apples?

• Apple butter?

Apple bread? 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• This might sound weird, but one of my favorite breakfasts/breakfast-for-dinners my mom would make (maybe from her southern upbringing) was eggs, bacon, biscuits, and fried apples. You saute the apples in the bacon grease with a little cinnamon... Yummmmm. Those little, softish apples are perfect b/c you don't have to cook them very long.

Along those lines, you could make some apple pancakes or apple kuchen. 

• Loading the player...
  • Apple pie or apple sauce.  honestly, Applesauce is your best bet.  If you bake a pie you might get super mushy apples in the middle.
    DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • imagepearly1:

This might sound weird, but one of my favorite breakfasts/breakfast-for-dinners my mom would make (maybe from her southern upbringing) was eggs, bacon, biscuits, and fried apples. You saute the apples in the bacon grease with a little cinnamon... Yummmmm. Those little, softish apples are perfect b/c you don't have to cook them very long.

Along those lines, you could make some apple pancakes or apple kuchen. 

I MUST try this. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• We get lots of apples and when they get soft, I shred them in our food processor and freeze. Then I pull them out whenever we need muffins and make these:

https://www.recipezaar.com/Apple-CupcakesMuffins-41260

I just made some last night and they are yum-o! I use half splenda/half sugar and half whole wheat half white flour. 

• I have a recipe for apple pie cheesecake squares on my blog.  It's basically apple pie filling and sweetened cream cheese in between layers of crescent dough, very yummy for brunch.  You could probably use your apples and just toss them in some sugar and cinnamon/nutmeg.  The apple part doesn't have to be crisp, it's kind of nice if it's softer actually, more of that gooey sensation.  :)

https://deborahsw.blogspot.com/2007/05/apple-cream-cheese-squares.html

-Deborah

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"