Maryland Babies
Options

XP: Feedback requested!

Mommies-

I'm looking for some feedback.  If you don't feel comfortable posting, PLEASE feel free to pm me!

Background:  I'm a speech-language pathologist.  I have a background in sign language, and I have worked with early intervention.  I've worked with kids of all ages, and specialize in using alternative ways to communicate-especially sign with young children.

I'm thinking about starting to do a baby/toddler sign language/language class.  It would be a 30 minute group session that would go for a set amount of weeks.  Including a certain vocabulary of like 10 signs/words for each week.  It would be a music/movement/parent involvement class. 

Would you be (hypothetically) interested in it?  How many weeks would you want it to be?  How many children would you want to be in the group?  How much would you be willing to pay per class?  Would you want it to be broken down to certain ages?   Would it be something you'd be interested in if it was just offered over the summer?  Would it be something you'd be interested in for a certain amount of weekend days (like 6 saturdays)?

This idea came to me when a teacher at my school was asking about her son who has a delay, and I asked her about my signs he's been using, and she named off a quick few, but then it kind of ended.  I love what I do-but I also think it would be fun to do with parents and little ones, without the stress and cost of traditional "speech therapy".   Plus I really think it would be fun!

Thank you so much for any feed back.

Melissa
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: XP: Feedback requested!

• Options
    It is a fabulous idea.  My daughter has down syndrome and we used it with her.  I wish I had known bout it when my son was born he would have benefited from it as well.  It eliminates the frustration of not being able to communicate.  I will be using it with my newest daughter as well.  Good luck!   
  • Options
    I think that is an excellent idea. Teaching kids/parents with delays and impairments is a great way to help improve communication. I think you should go for it!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think its a great idea.  I have no clue about pricing or timing or any logistics though.  I would do it if you had classes on the weekends.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"