LGBT Parenting

Friday Feelings

Seems like a pretty democratic (and teensy) board, so I'll get the ball rolling... how are you all feeling this week?  For clarity, this includes everyone... from planning-to-conceive through fostering and every stage in between.

-----

I'm feeling...

A lot of movement this week.  My little man (whom I call Moon5) has been a wonderful mover and shaker all week, which is the most reassuring thing ever.  His moves are getting dramatic, like when I woke up this morning with a protrusion (I'm guessing it was about 1/4" above my normal skin level) that I'm pretty sure was an elbow or knee.

Stretched to the max.  My belly skin is starting to get super sore in the evenings or after I stand up for too long.  The only thing that soothes it is Neosporin.  My chiropractor is having a friend make up a special concoction that she used in her own pregnancy and swears by.

Proud of my big girl.  She's in that stage where reading starts to bloom.  She recognizes a lot of sight words (here, hers, it, and, there) and can string together most of her books based on knowing those words and referrring to the pictures for nouns.  It's crazy.  I was a very late reader, so she's more than a year ahead of where I was.  I love it.

A smack of reality.  With just 14 weeks to go, our lives are about to change soon.  Big time.  My partner, M, is starting to feel really bogged down by this and we had to have one of those hard talks this week.  I knew it would come out eventually (since she does carry resentment about how long my TTC process took and how "obsessed" I was about it), but it was a bummer to hear her say that she's freaked out about how the new addition will impact our finances/sleep/parenting/free time.  It's okay to be freaked out... it's a huge transition... but it hurts to hear her say, "YOU did this" in a semi-blaming way.  We eventually hit semi-resolution, but it's out there now.

Long-winded.  Ooops!  Sorry. 

Re: Friday Feelings

• imageprojectkjetil:

For clarity, this includes everyone... from planning-to-conceive through fostering and every stage in between.

thats sweet, thanks :)

• Thanks for including everyone!

I honestly have only yucky feelings today and I hate to bring down a very happy board. I am beyond frustrated, angry, worried and tired. I am in desperate need of a hug and some Chinese food.

Sorry to be such a downer ladies :-(

• Loading the player...
  • imageDuchess1:

Thanks for including everyone!

I honestly have only yucky feelings today and I hate to bring down a very happy board. I am beyond frustrated, angry, worried and tired. I am in desperate need of a hug and some Chinese food.

all feelings are valid feelings! i think thats the point of this thread - an honest expression of whatever is going on in your world at the moment.  we all know life isn't sunshine and rainbows 24-7. 

• imagectbride08:
    imageDuchess1:

all feelings are valid feelings! i think thats the point of this thread - an honest expression of whatever is going on in your world at the moment.  we all know life isn't sunshine and rainbows 24-7. 

Ditto this.  Sending you a hug and some duck.

• We have one last huge PCP item (although we've technically transitioned to TTC, I'm not pregnant yet so it's still preconception) is buying our new home. I'm excited and a bit apprehensive about our house hunt tomorrow. C and I have really different tastes it's taken awhile to get to the point where she's letting go of the idea of a townhome and focusing on a SFH. I really hope we can find something we both like, that can close quickly and has potential to be great in the future without too much work (i.e. move in ready but minor updates over a few years and maybe a kitchen/bathroom remodel at some point).

I'm also starting to get excited (and nervous) about our b2b insems next weekend. I need to order our shipment to arrive on Wednesday, but otherwise we're set. Hopefully the tww will go by quickly with getting ready to move. I'd really love a BFP and a smooth closing next month!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagectbride08:
    imageDuchess1:

Amen.

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"