Babies: 0 - 3 Months

trying Isomil Soy formula...man it stinks!

so we're trying LO on his 3rd formula...he's been on Similac Sensitive for 3 weeks and Mylicon drops and gripe water didn't help his gas and fussiness either. But boy that soy formula smells like pet food!

Re: trying Isomil Soy formula...man it stinks!

• Isomil smells GREAT compared to Alimentum...this stuff smells like rotten meat.

Your right though, compared to the other formulas, Isolmil is pretty rough. I actually came to like the smell after both my kids were on it for so long, lol. It might grow on you, who knows.

• We tried that stuff too because we got a sample of it and it smells like old potatoes!  Plus it blocked up my little guy and he couldn't poop for 2 or 3 days.  Once we stopped feeding it to him he was fine. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I put my girls on that to help with gas.  It took a couple weeks for them to adjust.  They rarely have fussiness from gas now (they fart ALOT).  They did have a little constipation for the first couple weeks but nothing to be horribly worried about.  The pedi told me to just watch their bellies and make sure they weren't distented (sp?).

I almost gave up but decided to give them a little longer and now they are doing great and having regular bowl movements everyday!  So don't give up if you are noticing that they are not adjusting right away and eventually you won't notice the smell that much either.

• We tried it as well, and it made DD smell like a french fry, especially if she had gas. It also made her majorly constipated.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"