South Florida Babies
Options

Had my boys and maternity pics!

Hi guys!

So I had my babies :))

They are 11 days old today and doing great!.  They decided to come to this world a little early...so on Oct 11th my water broke (36 weeks and 3 days).

At 11:53 am we welcomed Alexander, followed by his brother Lucas at 11:54am :)

They are too cute for words (if I may say so myself!).  We're having a tough time with breast feeding and they need to gain weight...so we've been doing a combination of formula, pumping and attempting to breast feed with nipple shields..preterm boys apparently have a hard time with latching/sucking :(

Anyway, we're seeing a lactation consultant tomorrow and hopefully we can come up with a plan.  We had a very hard last couple of days so I'm hoping we find something that works for all of us.  Happy mommy, happy babies, right? :)

Also, wanted to post the link to the maternity pics by Tracey!.  I'm so happy I decided to do this and makes me miss my belly!!!!!!.  Tracey did an awesome job! :)

https://traceyahrendt.com/blog/?p=399

Hope everyone is doing well!

xoxo

Andreina 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Had my boys and maternity pics!

• Options
    Congrats! Great pics :) Good luck with the lactation consultant. DD had problems latching on too (she was born at 37 weeks, not sure if that was the reason). I ended up exclusively pumping and it worked out great. The most important thing is to do what gives you and the babies the least stress. Hope they do well tomorrow. Also try a class. DD latched on a few months later after watching her cousin do it, maybe she just needed an example, lol.

• Options

Congrats!!

I also had my baby at 37 weeks and had trouble latching. I ended up switching to formula after 2 weeks of trying, but hopefully your LC can help!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congratulations on your babies!! Tooc cute!! Good luck with breastfeeding, it's not easy at first but once you get a hang of it, it's not bad at all!! ;)
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options

Congratulations on your babies. Good luck with breast-feeding. There are a lot of girls here that can help with advices since they are pro at it. For sure I will talk to them in case you need more help or tips. 

Barbie 

• Options
    Congratulations on your double blessing!  Welcome to the world Alexander and Lucas!
    imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! Your maternity pics are beautiful!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    congrats, beautiful pics :)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats x 2!!!!:)
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Welcome Alexander and Lucas!!  Congratulations to you and your husband!  Gorgeous pics.  I love the spider pics--very cute.

Breastfeeding definitely can be challenging at the beginning, and I give you kudos for trying with twins.  I had some minor issues at first but ended up nursing both kids and loving it.  I hope the LC can help you, but also remember that if your LC is not particularly helpful, there are other LCs.  A friend of mine went through 3 LCs before she found one that worked for her and she ended up nursing exclusively for 6 months. 

Congrats again!!

Tania

• Options

Congrats on your little ones!

?

Jen :)?

• Options
    Congrats on your baby boys! Beautiful pics!
  • Options

Congratulations!

I hope everything starts to run smoothly- either way, you got your cute baby boys!

I love the maternity pics, especially the one with your fur-baby!

Congrats again and god bless!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"