Single Parents
Options

SO from couple of post below: CS why/why not

I know from reading that there are some serious circumstances where a couple of mom doesn't get CS.  The question is:

If you don't get CS and  you don't have an extreme case, why don't you? 

If there's a court order and you don't receive CS, what have you done to follow up on it. In my state if the bf doesn't pay CS the first time I think they take his liscense and or he does jail time.

My thoughs on CS is regardless of if you claim LO, have 1000 children, are/was abusive, you better send me my kids money. 10 or 1000 make sure you send it on time, every time. If you can't be there at least support financially so that money can be used for counseling if need be.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Please do include if you get CS but it's not fromt he court - your LOs BP just pays.

Re: SO from couple of post below: CS why/why not

• Options
    I get CS Ffrom her father that is not court ordered at this time(paperwork is not final)
  • Options
    Not every mother is entitled to CS. Its also based on income, so if she earns more than the father, she could very well be ordered to pay him. My ex is unemployed right now so I don't get anything from him. And I wouldn't dare fight it because I do make more than him and we have equal placement so he could go after ME for it!
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMillerGirl79:
    I get CS from her father that is not court ordered at this time(paperwork is not final)

This exactly! 

• Options

I don't get CS and I think we're better off that way.

BF created an intricate web of lies and is shady to the extreme.  He is not on the BC either.  He met DD one time when she was 4 months old for an hour.  This is the only time he's seen her.  I prefer that he just isn't involved if he's going to be like that.  I don't ask for anything from him or expect anything.  So far he's not been in the picture at all.  He will have to file for a paternity test, I'm not offering.

It's a long, complicated story but moral is that he offered for his family to pay for an abortion.  I told him that was not an option for me and my body.  He said he wasn't ready to be a father.  So, I knew from the get go that I would be doing this alone.  

• Options

Well, I am not getting anything right now Devil  We were together when she was born, he signed the birth certificate and I broke it off with him when she was 2 months old.  He has a mental and drug disorder and the real kicker is, he lives across the street from me with his parents AND is 30 years old! I know, what a loser!!   I filled out paperwork to get child support, I had a court date and had to take all my info, check stubbs, rent receipts, child care expenses and they copied everything.  The BD works under the table for like 3 different companies and has a DJ service on the side on the weekends.  I pretty much knew he wouldn't report all of this income!  I get the paper from the CSEA stating I was going to get 50 a week...That ticked me off knowing he is bringing in 3x as much money as me, no bills, etc.  So I decided to file an appeal.  Well, I got a 50 check back in Sept. and that was all.  I called the child support office because he was behind.  They told me that since I had filed the appeal, he did not have to pay because the appeal cancelled out the order until my court date in DECEMBER!!!  I am still LIVID to say the least.  I told them, my child is being punished because I filed an appeal??!!  They acted like they really didn't care...The child support ENFORCEMENT agency?  Yeh right!  They don't enforce it here in Ohio until they are waaaaaaay behind in child support.  Come to find out, he hasn't been paying CS for his 8 year old son either!  And he is living high on the hog, carefree, blah blah while I am struggling!  No one in the family gives me or Cadance the time of day, they are outside on the porch and we go out and they just look the other way!  It is a total slap in the face!!  I have thought about just having him sign his rights over and moving on!!  So that is my story on the child support!!  I just wonder what will happen in court in December?Crying

Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I don't b/c he never pays it even thought it's court ordered. But the amt. is so paltry I don't even bother. I'm tired of fighting the system and asking him is no good as he's always broke. I provide for her and would rather just do it myself.

• Options
    He doesn't pay CS, just buys all of DS's formula. I don't really care. We're both college students and he has a lot more stuff to pay for than I do since I moved back in with my parents after we broke up. Once he graduates and gets a better job, then yes I will expect it. We get along and my family is very close to him. They're more like parents to him than his mom actually is. If we didn't get along and I hated him, then I would try to get it out of him haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD's father is supposed to pay court ordered cs. It was just ordered last month and he has yet to pay.  He is not working.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"