Birth Stories
Options

better late than never... my birth story that is. (REALLY LONG)

i was induced on 8/3 at 39 weeks 2 days, due to logistics (i live a little over 95 miles from the hospital.)

they called us at 1:45 (pacific) in the morning to tell us to come in, since we had to cross a state line and change a time zone to get there. we got there about 5am (mountain), and i got all changed into my gown and whatnot. they inserted my IV, no problem, and before they started pitocin the nurse tried to give me an internal... well, apparently my cervix was super high up there, because she couldn't reach it, and she was digging. i wanted to kick her in the face. at my last dr's appt. i had been 3cm and 80%, so we just assumed i was still there, and they started the pit.

i got a new nurse at 6am, and around 7am she checked me, 4cm and 90%. she turned the pit up, and i was having tons of cx, but they weren't any worse than the ones i had been having since my PTL scare at 33 weeks, so it wasn't bad. i started getting uncomfortable around 10 though, so i asked her to bring me something, i didn't want the epi yet. she told me that the doc was on his way to break my water, and that cx hurt way worse after your water breaks, so i went ahead and let her call the anesthesiologist.

anesth. showed up about 11:30, and my epi went in super easy. i little bit of a pinch, and it was done. seriously. it was the best. thing. ever. i told my nurse i wanted to marry him, she told me "nah, that guy's an a$$hole." can i tell you how much i PPH'ed my nurse? she was the shiit. doc came in and broke my water at 12, easy peasy, although my dh and i were laughing our asses off (my doc is cool too) because my water sprayed all over his arm.

anywho, i pretty much laid around and played on the computer, watched tv, catnapped the rest of the day. i was 6cm at 2, 8cm at 4 and then i was at 9.5 when they checked me at 5:30. they had me do a couple of practice pushes, but that little lip of cervix wouldn't go away. they checked me like, every 20 minutes for the next hour, and i was finally like, ok, leave me the hell alone. i think i got stuck because i was constantly having a hand shoved up my vagina. so i just closed my eyes for an hour and labored- i was starting to feel uncomfy through the epi, but it was more pressure than the actual cx. i called the nurse in at 7:30, she checked me, and said "holy ***. hold on." and she goes running. i was like- um, wtf? turns out sienna was pretty much crowning, so she was going to get everyone else. in 3 minutes my room was full of nurses and baby nurses. i pushed through 2 cx, and she was said- "ok, seriously, stop pushing. you are better at this than most, and the doctor isn't here yet." so i waited through 2 cx, and ta-da, the doc showed up. i pushed through 3 more cx and her head came out, but she had shoulder dystocia, so he had to reach in, put a couple of fingers under each armpit, and pull her out.

she was so purple, it scared the hell out of us. she didn't breathe for about 30 seconds, so they were trying to make her breathe while she was laying on me- that shiit was SO scary. but then she started crying, and everything was fine. she was just so compressed from being stuck- she weighed 9lbs 1oz and was 21 inches long- even after the doc said she'd weigh 7lbs or so. ha. right.

i had a first degree tear on the outside, i think it was 4 stitches, but i tore on the inside- which sounds much worse than it really is. i was tender for a couple of weeks, but it never actually hurt. the doc said if we decide to have more i should be induced at 37 weeks or so, because i didn't have GD and i only gained 22 lbs, and i still gave birth to a LGA baby. so...

there's my long ass birth story. hope i didn't bore you.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: better late than never... my birth story that is. (REALLY LONG)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"