Philadelphia Babies

Phoenixville Hospital

I know someone posted about this hospital a couple of weeks ago but I was hoping for some more information.  We had our tour and I am a little nervous about delivering here just based on the size of the L&D rooms (made me feel a bit claustrophobic).  Any thoughts or advice on people's experience at this hospital? TIA!!

Re: Phoenixville Hospital

• When I took the tour when I was pg, the nurse showed me the one small room (it's across from the nurses station). She told me the others were the same size and they try to use the small one for NST and other non-labor things. I liked that each room had its own bathroom with shower so if you wanted to labor in the shower you could.

FWIW, I never labored in the room. I had an emergency c/s there and recovered for 24 hours in one of the labor rooms.

• I have delievered 2x's there and both times I had a room to myself. I know that may not always be the case, but the one nurse told me that they try and give every mom a room alone. 

The Labor room was big enough for me, my dh and my mom and alll the nurses etc. And your taken to your room shortly after you deliver.  I have never had a problem with space there, but I always had the whole room to myself.

Anymore Qs PM me:) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"