New Jersey Babies
Options

Acid Relux/ Indigestion

It seems to be an oxymoron to not be able to eat during pregnancy. This has been my struggle to about two weeks now. I am eight weeks and have not been able to eat a good meal since I turned six weeks. For a person who enjoys every bite of food and not be mention wants her baby to get as much nutrition as possible this is a hard road to go down. I was warned about this monster but I had no idea it would come on so soon without warning.  I get to the point where I?m very hungry but cannot eat fast enough because of the acid. It has been suggested that I try drinking glass milk or taking Tumbs, I have found no relief in either.  My doctor just suggested that I take Maalox to find relief so I will be heading to the store in a few to purchase some.  I wanted to know if anyone else has any other remedies in order to help to me reconnect with food.

Re: Acid Relux/ Indigestion

• Options
    I also have been suffering so my dr reccomended that i take 150mg zantac in the am and esp.in the pm before i go to bed. this has helped tons. also try to keep your head elevated at night when you sleep.
  • Options
    I had bad acid reflux as well. Tums helped me and my doctor told me sleeping elevated and on my left side would help and it did. I also wouldn't eat at least 3 hours before bed and I had to stop eating tomato sauce and fried food which really helped. I know it sucks not being able to eat when you're pregnant. Feel better and congrats!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for the support Ladies. I have been religiously eating tums and it has seems to have subsided for now. I will have to be more contious about when I eat and how I sleep. I feel like by the time I figure everything out I will be trying to figure out how to change the little one without a changing table. Thank you again for the advice.
  • Options
    I have very bad heart burn..i was drinking cranberry juice because i had a UTi and now everytime it gets worst.  I notice it's every night now, no matter what i eat or drink..i ahve to take tums as i'm about to go to sleep.  My throat burns like as if i am breathing fire..my sister says it just gets worst and never goes away till the baby is here..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"