1st Trimester
Options

OMG - A Baby Story on TLC + Natural Child Birth =Scary!!!

New episode starting now. Just the previews alone freaked me out! They showed the mom freaking out in the birthing pool due to the pain. I want to change the channel but am paralyzed.

Re: OMG - A Baby Story on TLC + Natural Child Birth =Scary!!!

• Options
    LMAO!  I'm watching it too!  When I saw them show clips of it in the beginning I actually started screaming outloud!  I can't turn away!

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    um....epidural please! Crying

J+E ~ 08/25/2007   DD#1 ~ 05/11/2010   DD#2 ~ 09/25/2013   DD#3 ~ 06/09/2016   Baby #4 Due ~ 01/16/2023

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like how she starts having convulsions in the tub and her husbands like "just stop that". I think I would've have punched him in the face!
  • Options

imagekandcoop:
    I like how she starts having convulsions in the tub and her husbands like "just stop that". I think I would've have punched him in the face!

I was thinking the same thing! I probably would've wanted to drop kick him

View Full Size Image 

• Options
    I'm watching too! all the screaming is making me very uncomfortable!  I can only imagine what she's going through!
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Options

Ugh! I hate that they only show the SCARY natural births. As you are deciding your birth plan, I would highly recommend renting "The Business of Being Born" which is a documentary Rikki Lake did. Watch it with your birth partner and you will start to make decisions. I have NO problem with women who use drugs in labor, I may indeed be one of those women, but I think that the American media makes natural birth seem so wrong and "unnatural" that is drives me crazy. Sorry, I am off my soap box now.

• Options
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

View Full Size Image 

• Options

I went natural WITH pitocin, it's really nothing like that, don't let that scare you, she is just nuts, IMO!!

AND, the water helps a ton, so I'm really just in shock she is acting like that, also, once you get to the pushing, it's not near as painful as labor contractions.

• Options

I think they do it for effect.  My 3 boys were Pitocin induced, no epidural. Vag births.  Not everyone can do it, but it is the most natural way.

Saying all of this, I was in great shape those 3 times - Very active!  This time I am voting for an epidural.

I guess I'm just saying - its TV.  And I want to change the channel, but instead I hit mute! LOL

• Options

I was induced last time, that epidural was the BEST $900 shot I've ever had.

I will be getting it again absolutely no questions asked. 

• Options

imagekandcoop:

Ive seen that one. They did a follow up a few years later, the women was so embaressed and she was still annoyed at the husband. 

All I have to say is Epidural...I was 8 cm and talking and laughing on the phone with friends...then pushing started and thats a different story =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My favorite episode of "A Baby Story" revolved around a first-time mother that swore up and down she wanted to do everything naturally: she didn't want to be in a hospital, she was really against drugs and a doctor vs. a doula and midwife, and yada yada yada. A couple of hours into her labor she was pounding on walls, yelling and screaming, and saying "Give me drugs! Take me to the hospital - NOW!!!" And her midwife and husband were like, "You can do this - we know you can..." And she looked at them with a wild half-crazed look in her eyes, threatened her husband I forget how, and then off to the hospital they went! Classic.
  • Options

newsflash childbirth hurts. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekonaboomom:

Ugh! I hate that they only show the SCARY natural births. As you are deciding your birth plan, I would highly recommend renting "The Business of Being Born" which is a documentary Rikki Lake did. Watch it with your birth partner and you will start to make decisions. I have NO problem with women who use drugs in labor, I may indeed be one of those women, but I think that the American media makes natural birth seem so wrong and "unnatural" that is drives me crazy. Sorry, I am off my soap box now.

Ditto.

There are no blurred lines, only jail time

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

my blog: Inspirationseeker.blogspot.com
  • Options
    I delivered ds with no drugs just fine and I am a tiny person.  IMO water birth is a moronic idea.  Why would I want to have to worry about slipping around in a tub in addition to pushing out a baby?  No thank you.  I have enough to do while pushing out a baby thank you very much.  I just don't get it.  I know lots of people do it but, I don't understand why that would be better.      
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"