Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

LO tilting their head to one side?

My DD has been tilting her head towards her left shoulder for the last couple of days, why is she doing this?  She has not been sick, is a little more fussy than normal, but she is not doing it all the time either.  I don't think the fussiness is attributed to illness rather than if she does get her way she gets mad.  She has never had an ear infection and I am wondering if this is a symptom, no other pulling at ear ear or high fever or anything. 
IMG_6388
Kylie 10/21/08
Twin Ectopic - lost left tube 12/29/10
Surprise BFP EDD 8/21/13

Re: LO tilting their head to one side?

• Options
    Maybe she has a crick in her neck? If she's still doing it tomorrow, call the pedi and see what they say.
  • Options

My DS has done this before. It turns out he had some fluid in his ear. Not an ear infection, it apparently drained. Just watch for a fever and if she starts not sleeping well, then take her in to the pedi as it could turn to an ear infection.More likely, it will drain on its own in a few days to a week.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was going to say it is a phase.  I remember sometime around the age of your LO that my DD tilted her head for a bit of time.  She didn't do it for too long. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sometimes LO will tilt their heads if they are having problems seeing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS does this.  Turns out it was his hair tickling his ear b/c it got too long
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My DD started doing this when we were at my parents' house last Christmas.  At first we thought there was something wrong, and then we realized she was imitating my brother.  He was tilting his head and talking in this soft voice to try to win her over (she hadn't seen him in a really long time).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"