Baby Names
Options

Middle name for Ares...?

Boyfriend wants it to be Ares Orion...Im just not "in love" with it...so I am up for suggestions. What do you got ladies???

edit- A post further down reminded me it would be more helpful to have the last name....Last name is Cosey, pronounced Cozy. I will DD later

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

Re: Middle name for Ares...?

• Options

Ares Ryan

Ares Colton

Ares Blaze

Ares Apollo

Ares Canyon

VOTE on my Name List
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Do something more common, that way he has a choice when he gets older.

Ares Michael
    Ares William
    Ares Ryan
    Ares Matthew

• Options

So a choice between a unique name and a common name you mean? In case he doesn't want to go by Ares...I guess we dont see him not wanting to go by Ares because it is such a badass name, especially if you know the background of it. I grew up with a unique name and loved it...We will see....we just can't agree LoL

edited- because know i understand what you were saying

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Options

I look at the concept of him putting a name on the top of a resume for a job as a CEO and them seeing Ares as not really CEO-esque. That way, he could be "A. Ryan ___", or "Ares R. ___" You do have to understand that not everyone wants a "badass" name for their whole life.

• Options
    imageCorinneallyson:

I look at the concept of him putting a name on the top of a resume for a job as a CEO and them seeing Ares as not really CEO-esque. That way, he could be "A. Ryan ___", or "Ares R. ___" You do have to understand that not everyone wants a "badass" name for their whole life.

Ya I feel ya....but my boyfriend is in the high business life and times are changing as well as trends I suppose, but he can always use a different name if he wanted to. Also he will have a name that stands out on a resume not one that blends in with all the rest. Oh the name choosing decisions are so difficult LoL. I also think it is important for people to realize that corporate america is no longer white america....

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Options
    imagea4smith:
    imageCorinneallyson:

Ya I feel ya....but my boyfriend is in the high business life and times are changing as well as trends I suppose, but he can always use a different name if he wanted to. Also he will have a name that stands out on a resume not one that blends in with all the rest. Oh the name choosing decisions are so difficult LoL. I also think it is important for people to realize that corporate america is no longer white america....

are you saying that white people are less likely to choose or appreciate a "badass" name? weird.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

i think ares joseph sounds good. ares martin? ares marcus?

it's hard without the last name.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagettmccoot:
    imagea4smith:
    imageCorinneallyson:

are you saying that white people are less likely to choose or appreciate a "badass" name? weird.

No way would I ever say such a thing

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Options
    imagettmccoot:

i think ares joseph sounds good. ares martin? ares marcus?

it's hard without the last name.

Ares Joseph is cute....the last name is Cosey..pronounced Cozy. I guess I shouldnt be too picky about the middle name, people are going to know him by his first and last....just too many decisions LoL

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Options
    I like Ares Ryan with your last name.
  • Options

imageLuv-a-Bug:
    I like Ares Ryan with your last name.

I definitely like Ryan better than Orion....I dont know how I am going to convince the boyfriend...he is so stuborn!!!

DS #1- Ares Christopher

DS #2- Taj Lee

DD #1 Alba Gray

Baby #4- coming in May

• Options

How would that be pronounced? Like Aries or like Ahr-ess?

Edit: However it's pronounced, I like Ares Alexander as was suggested on 2nd tri. It sounds great with the last name.

• Options
    While you and your boyfriend may think having a "badass" name is awesome, you may very well have a child who doesn't agree with you. My husband and brother wouldn't want a "badass" name. My advice...pick a more common middle name. 
  • Options

I grew up with a very uncommon first name and a very common middle name and never did I once want to go by my middle name. :D I love the name Ares Alexander. I think it flows well with your last name :D

• Options

I like Alexander the best. But I think the meaning is really bad, FWIW. The personification of slaughter is not really badass to me; it sounds more evil than badass.

• Options
    imageCorinneallyson:

Do something more common, that way he has a choice when he gets older.

Ares Michael
    Ares William
    Ares Ryan
    Ares Matthew

I agree 100%...and i like ryan...sounds like orion

• Options

I like Ares and considered Ari for our list.  I didn't like that Ares is the god of war, though.  I like Orion separately, but not so much with Ares, mostly because it sounds awkward.  I would go with something that starts with a consonant.

There are some nice suggestions.  I think Ares is a perfectly fine name in the business world, btw.  It's very strong sounding.

• Options
    I like Ares Alexander....Smile
    Live your life to the fullest, Laugh at the things that don't matter, Love with all you've got and more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"