New Jersey Babies

Dr. Vivian Lo, Livingston, Nj?

Has anyone gone to her?  Did you like her?

Sorry I'm trying to find a doctor desperately!  Smile

Re: Dr. Vivian Lo, Livingston, Nj?

• I used to go to Dr. Lo but she left my practice.. I saw her prior to being pregnant and I loved her!  Where is she practicing now?
  • sorry I didn't see that you replied to this.  I think Dr. Lo is:

520 Pleasantville Way

West Orange, NJ 973-669-5711

I did a search on my insurance and found this person.  I think that's her...

• Loading the player...
  • Hi...this is really overdue.  But yes, Dr. Lo is now at Women's First Health Center at the above address in WO.  I have been going to Claudine Sylvester also a part of the practice and saw Dr. Lo recently due to scheduling.  They are both great and Dr. Lo is who I saw for my 8 and 12 wk ultrasounds. 

Hope that helps.

• It was a regular pregnancy checkup. I had never met her before and didn't know what I was in for. This was my first pregnancy and the first time I saw her in the practice. I had previously seen Dr. Sansorbino whom was fantastic. What a great personality he had.

When Dr. Lo came in the exam room with my partner and I. We did not even know she was the doctor, she did not introduce herself. Rather she kicked the door closed behind her. She asked me without any feeling how I was doing. I said, I was not feeling well. She didn't inquire about what. I was speaking about my mood not my body. I am Bipolar and I was completely off my medication at the time. I don't think she even read my chart to even know that. She prepares the trans vaginal device and proceeds to do her work. I told her she is hurting me, but she did not seem to care. 

Then she turns to me with ZERO feeling and said, "The pregnancy isn't viable, you've miscarried. Then proceeds to tell me my options "to get rid of the dead tissue" with a D&C or a pill.  I wasn't ready for this because it all happened too fast and I was still digesting the information.At this point she told me she wasn't 100% on the fact the pregnancy wasn't viable, which destroyed me even more knowing the weekend was coming and no one could help me. She admitted that herself.

I understand that she may see more than a thousand miscarriages, but couldn't she use some acting skills for a person like me. 

The worst part was the weekend was coming and I couldn't find out if my baby was dead inside of me. I had to wait until Monday for Montclair Radiology to confirm. I desperately called Montclair Radiology from the exam room, while waiting for blood to be drawn. 
    It was drawn and we were waiting for Dr. Lo to come back and explain things. After all I was 8 to 9 weeks pregnant and I was prepared to ask exciting questions, termination questions. Instead the nurse comes, and said "you have to leave
    we need the room." I was at this point dizzy because I thought the doctor
    was coming back to explain more. No...She never did. I left and I was so distraught
    I thought I was going to admit myself to the hospital for mental help.

Luckily, I had people to help me pull it together so I didn't have to go. I ended up finding The Rubino Group in West Orange across from Saint Barnabas Hospital. I've seen three of their doctors and one did my D&C. I love them so much. I wish many blessings on them. I've told them that many times.

The difference between Dr. Lo and the Rubino Group particularly Dr. Huang is they have a heart. I now know why they are NJ Top Doctors. And Dr. LO is not a bad doctor as she did diagnose me correctly. She just doesn't have any bedside manner, nor does she know how to deal with a bipolar person. I could have easily committed suicide that day because of her insensitivity and outlandish behavior. Again, it wasn't entirely the facts that destroyed me it was how she spoke to me. 

Get acting lessons Dr. Lo for the sake of the practice you belong to and your Bipolar patients.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"