Trouble TTC
Options

Question?

My husband and I are back TTC again (with pcos, insulin resistance/borderline diabetic) after 14 cycles and a year break. The first time I temped/charted. Anything else you would suggest? Or thoughts/experience with fertility monitors? 

Re: Question?

• Options
    I too have PCOS. My RE told me not to waste money on fertility monitors because the results would be inaccurate. Before I knew I had PCOS I spent so much money every month for them. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    You sound like a page out of my own book.  After 2 long years of trying on our own my husband and I ended up going to a place in CT called The Center for Advance Reproductive Services.  My Dr. there put me on Metformin and got me ovulating.  Once that was occuring on a regular basis we moved to fertility drugs.  We would do 3 or 4 cycles a year and then take a break.  What finally worked for us was, Follistim shots and then triggering ovulation with an HCG shot and it took only two cycles.  After 8 very long years we are five months pregnant with our first child.  It seems like a very long road, but I feel it was worth it.  We had all but given up and started looking into adoption.  Then our Dr. did a follow up phone call and said, "come back I know we can get you pregnant."  Good Luck!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesue92linc:
    You sound like a page out of my own book.  After 2 long years of trying on our own my husband and I ended up going to a place in CT called The Center for Advance Reproductive Services.  My Dr. there put me on Metformin and got me ovulating.  Once that was occuring on a regular basis we moved to fertility drugs.  We would do 3 or 4 cycles a year and then take a break.  What finally worked for us was, Follistim shots and then triggering ovulation with an HCG shot and it took only two cycles.  After 8 very long years we are five months pregnant with our first child.  It seems like a very long road, but I feel it was worth it.  We had all but given up and started looking into adoption.  Then our Dr. did a follow up phone call and said, "come back I know we can get you pregnant."  Good Luck!! 

Nice story! Congratualtions!

TTC#1 with PCOS since 3/2009 2 surgeries to remove dermoid 7 medicaid cycles=BFN 3 IUI's=BFN IVM= BFP Twins- missed m/c @ 9weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"