Boston Babies

Sturdy Memorial or Newton Wellesley

Anyone know how Sturdy in Attleboro is for delivering?

I am trying to determine if I should choose Newton Wellesley over Sturdy? I live much closer to Sturdy, and Newton is 45 min away...it is closer to my work. I have heard great things about Newton, but nothing really at all on Sturdy.

Re: Sturdy Memorial or Newton Wellesley

• I'm delivering at Sturdy and I'm high risk so I'm there ALL THE TIME. It's a really nice hospital and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Of course, I live, literally, across the street so that was a big factor for me.

• I would suggest Newton Wellesley.  My cousin who lives in Canton chose to deliver there after doing a tour of many hospitals.  She delivered both her babies there and raves about it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I moved from California to Boston recently and decided to go with Newton-Wellesley. So far I have been so pleased with everything. The staff, doctors, nurses, everything has been great. We've had to use the maternal fetal medicine department and genetic counseling and they've been wonderful every time. I picked an OB practice associated with NWH and have had nothing but a great experience with them so far. In fact my OB is the Associate Chair of Obstetrics at NWH.
  • I delivered DS in Sturdy one year ago and LOVED it!!! It is smaller than some of the area ones and due to that the service was amazing.  Granted the rooms could use some decor updating but that is not important, the care was perfect from start to finish.
  • I LOVED my experience at NWH. I moved to Hingham (south shore area) and I will still continue to go there, even though it's now an hour drive.  I had my first baby there who is now 8 weeks old. I went to the Newton-Wellesley OBGYN practice. I love all the docs!  We had a great experience with the pregnancy and delivery. Excellent care all across the board, docs, nurses, lactation consultants, everyone was awesome. 
  • THUMBS UP for STURDY!

We did the tour of both and moved midway through pregnancy...I was torn but decided close to home was the way to go- especially after seeing the size of the delivery room at Newton-Wellesley in comparison to Sturdy!

The nurses where great and MY Doctor arrived just in time to put his Catcher mittens on.

The Breakfast Buffet was super and the Lactationconsultant VERY helpful.

I would not deliver my next baby anywhere else...unless circumstances won't allow it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"