Success after IF

Dog ate unused diapers...anyone?

Has anyone had this happen?  My dog just tore up about 24 unused diapers that were in an open drawer from the baby's room.  I am assuming they also consued some of the gel stuff that expands.  Anyone ever encounter this?  We are trying to find a pet hospital that is open near us to call but in the mean time anyone have any thoughts on this?

Re: Dog ate unused diapers...anyone?

• Call poison control?? ?they might be able to give you a suggestion.

?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • the gel things are non toxic, but I would still call a vet to be sure the sheer quanity can't hurt him...

poor pup

2vc9jsg.jpg

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • thanks...got a hold of a vet...the vet wasn;t concerned at all...just said to watch for not going to the bathroom in case of blockage but the gel wsn't an issue.  thanks girls.
  • ER clinic now!  Unfortunately diapers can cause obstructions and I've seen a dog die b/c of diaper ingestion.   It's more the diapers to cause concern.  So I'd go and get an xray ASAP!  Hope all is ok and he just tore up the diapers and didn't ingest them.  
    Surprise BFP after 5 yrs of TTC
  • Go along with whatever your vet tells you, but keep a close eye on him.  Often, they say to feed two pieces of bread and then time how long it takes them to poop (the bread is just to ensure that they have to poop at some point so you can watch for a blockage).  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"