3rd Trimester

Induction date set...

I was up late last night, due to PUPPPs (bad rash -- Google it if you wanna get scared) and posted about considering induction and my feelings toward it.

Well, after going in and seeing the midwife, I decided to schedule my induction for this Thursday (my EDD), if baby doesn't come within the next few days on its own. I am still 1cm dilated and about 75% effaced, so things are lookin' good.(This was an improvement from hardly any effacement to 75%! Not to mention my cervix is "very soft.")

I just ask for prayers, thoughts, wishes, whatever it is you do, that baby comes safely before Thursday or that the induction goes well and comes safely shortly there after. 

Thanks for your support!

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Induction date set...

• Thoughts and prayers. May God give you a swift and safe delivery.
  • Out of curiosity, is PUPPS dangerous to a mother and baby? I mean nothing bad to you because I would imagine itching and having a rash would drive me absolutely insane. But I'm just wondering, I've heard of a lot of women with PUPPS being induced and wasn't sure why.

And lots of thoughts and prayers for you and your baby!

• Loading the player...
  • T & Ps w/ you!  I wish you the best.

BTW: I googles PUPPS in 2nd tri b/c I was itchy.  I about peed my pants when I saw the pics! 

• Good luck!!!  You and baby are in my prayers.  I'm sure all will go well!Big Smile
  • imageXOXOJami:

Out of curiosity, is PUPPS dangerous to a mother and baby? I mean nothing bad to you because I would imagine itching and having a rash would drive me absolutely insane. But I'm just wondering, I've heard of a lot of women with PUPPS being induced and wasn't sure why.

No, it is not harmful to me or baby (thank goodness!) but it is seriously like having a break out of hives with mosquito bites on the hives and multipled by 5! It is so horrible! Only about 1% of women get it, though, late in 3rd tri! Hopefully none of you will experience it! And a lot of women get induced because it just gets that intolerable. Plus, it's really bad at night and that's why I'm going that route... I can't expect to do well in birth on a whim, exhausted.

• imageJessie0706:
    imageXOXOJami:

Out of curiosity, is PUPPS dangerous to a mother and baby? I mean nothing bad to you because I would imagine itching and having a rash would drive me absolutely insane. But I'm just wondering, I've heard of a lot of women with PUPPS being induced and wasn't sure why.

No, it is not harmful to me or baby (thank goodness!) but it is seriously like having a break out of hives with mosquito bites on the hives and multipled by 5! It is so horrible! Only about 1% of women get it, though, late in 3rd tri! Hopefully none of you will experience it! And a lot of women get induced because it just gets that intolerable. Plus, it's really bad at night and that's why I'm going that route... I can't expect to do well in birth on a whim, exhausted.

I completely get it now! I'd go nuts. Honestly, I wish you guys the best!

• GL!  Thoughts and prayers, and maybe baby will come on its own before then!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageiuplori:
    GL!  Thoughts and prayers, and maybe baby will come on its own before then!

I hope baby does! We're going walking around the mall for a while tonight to hopefully get it going. Maybe some sexy time is in order, too? ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"