Washington Babies

Not how I thought my day would go...

After my doctor telling me I would definitely make it to 36 weeks yesterday, I woke up at 4:30 am to pee and wet the bed like crazy. Yep, water broke. So surprising. We went to the hospital with NOTHING. Not even a camera. Luckily Steve's phone has a decent camera, because at 8 they wheeled me into the OR and at 8:37 Cooper Edwin (Edwin is my dad) was born. He's 34 weeks, so he's in the NICU for now. 5lb 9oz, 18.25 inches, and doing great. He's doing great. THey might put in a feeding tube just in case, but he's been able to eat pretty well so far. I have pumped nearly an ounce of colostrum already and have breastfed twice. He has a good suck, has been breathing room air, no apnea events or anything.

I guess that's it. I'm feeling really good. I have only had pain meds once. I sent Steve home to put Ben to sleep and get some sleep himself. I'm going to go to bed soon too. I'll ask for some pain meds first. :)

I'm sure I will have some more updates tomorrow, and here are some quick pictures. :)

Re: Not how I thought my day would go...

• Congratulations!!! He is so precious :) Glad to hear all went well and he's doing good!
  • WOW!!!!

Congratulations!  Glad you and baby are happy and healthy,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow! Congratulations! Sounds like everything is going well, hope we here more from you soon.
  • Oh my  gosh Jill! Congrats to you and your family! He is SO adorable. I hope things keep going well for you and you can bring him home soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aw Jill congrats!  He's handsome!  He doesn't even look like a premie to me.
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • Wow! Congrats and welcome to the world little Cooper!
  • Wow, Jill, congratulations!  He is adorable and I think Cooper is a great name choice! :)  I'm glad he is doing so well.
  • Wow, what a surprise!  Little Cooper was ready, I guess.  I'm glad to hear that you are both doing well.  Congratulations!  He's so sweet!
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • WOW!  What a surprise!

Congratulations!  Hope his stay is short and he continues to do so well! 

2 years 005 copy
    DD born 1/5/09.BFP-1/6/11 MC at 6 weeks
  • Congratulations Jill! What an incredible day!!
  • Omigoodness, Jill!  Congrats! I think Cooper is a great name.

A good friend delivered at 34 weeks a couple of weeks ago, baby is doing great, I'm sure Cooper will do well also.

:)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I will send congratulations here as well....lol I am making the rounds to FB and LJ.  :-) 

Hope you get some rest tonight.

• oh my gosh he's beautiful!!! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh wow not what I expected when I opened your post! Congratulations, love the name Conner!
  • Congratulations!

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • I just wrote you on FB but OH what a cutie he is! Congrats again!
  • Omgoodness Jill! I can't believe he's here already!...So glad to see you and him seem to be doing great. I saw you "liked" my status and thought all was well in your neck of the woods..until I popped over here an saw your post! You rock for finding wi-fi in the hospital Big Smile Congrats Jill!
  • Many congratulations!  He looks like a strong little fellow, and handsome to boot!  I love that he seems to be giving you the stink eye in the second picture. :)  Hope he's home with you soon!  (Oh, and I love the name!)

image Visit The Nest!

• Wowser that would be a surprise! Glad to hear that all is going well! Oh and congrats! Hopefully the two of you can get home soon.
  • Congratulations Jill! Welcome to the world Cooper! :-) He's gorgeous! Ben is going to be such a great big brother!

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, didn't expect that news when I opened this thread. Congrats Jill. He looks really healthy and big for 34 weeks. I am glad that everyone is doing well and I really like his name! I hope he continues to thrive.
    The only Easter Bunny I can get behind.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Maxwell Joseph 4/09 Lucy Violet 10/12

• Wow Jill, what a great day!  I hope the 4 of you adjust quickly and get some rest at the hospital!
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Oh my gosh Jill, Congrats!   He is adorable!   Ben was really early too wasnt he?  Maybe you just have a Super Ute, that can grow adorable babies in record time!
    imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Holy cow!  What a surprise!  congratulations.  I love his name.  He looks great!  I hope he gets to come home soon.
  • Jill congrats on the little man! I would have been suprised too. sounds like hewas a big healthy boy however and I am sure he will be home with you in no time.
    Dawn - Wife of Brian 09/25/2005 - Mother of Eli Jace 03/12/2007 and Kai Evan 10/17/08

• Oh my goodness, what a day.  Congratultions on your new baby boy.  It sounds like you both are doing great for 34 weeks.

theresa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Congrats Jill -- what a fantastic weight at 34 weeks, great job Momma!!!

He's so handsome Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Since I said my congrats on FB and LJ I'll say it on here too - CONGRATS!!!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh wow!  Congratulations, he's adorable!
    Married ~ August 5, 2006 I Welcomed our baby girl March 16, 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats. Love the name!
  • OMG! How sort of scary for you but I am happy to hear he is doing well. YAY! Congrats and hope little Cooper keeps getting strong and healthy and gets out of that NICU soon. 
  • What a surprise! I'm so glad all went well and that he is doing so well already, that's great! Congratulations!!
    Photo by J. Shelton Photography
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageMy Blog
  • OMG, so not what I expected when I opened your post.  So glad you and Cooper (love the name) are doing well.  Looks like your inlaws were here at the perfect time, must have made it easier for Ben with your early morning scurry to the hospital.   He is adorable, and a great size for 34 weeks, hope  you both get to go home soon. 
  • Wow! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you are both doing well. I love the name Cooper. He is absolutely adorable! :) Congratulations again!!
    TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats, Jill! He's adorable. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• So glad everyone is doing well!  Congratulations and keep us posted!
  • Oh my goodness, congratulations!!!  What a handsome boy, and I'm so glad to hear you're both doing well.
  • I'm so pleased you are both doing well - many congratulations! I bet Ben is so excited to meet his new baby brother!
  • Oh my gosh!!   Congratulations!!!  He is gorgeous!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"