Philadelphia Babies

When to tell family, friends, and work...

Hello, We are newly pregnant (four/five weeks) and we are tryint o keep this a secret.  We wanted to wait until the DR. verified, but I am so excited, I want to let the world now already!  Does anyone have any suggestions about when to tell whom?  I am a teacher, but am still a long term sub, so I am really nervous about telling my principal.  I don't want it to effect my rehire for next year.  Thanks

Re: When to tell family, friends, and work...

• Personally we waited until we were 7 weeks to tell our parents.  After our NT scan at 12 weeks is when I told everyone else.

Everyone is different when it come to letting people know.  It's really whenever you are comfortable telling people.  There no wrong time limit.

• We waited until 12 weeks to start telling people. I wanted to see the U/S first and have time to enjoy just us knowing. I kind of enjoyed it being between just us for a while.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We wanted to wait until 12 weeks ... to make everything was ok (well at least get thru the 1st trimester).

Work found out at 16ish weeks... 

• We told immediate family (brothers, sister, parents) right away.  Extended family and friends found out at 10 weeks.
  • We told my family on Easter just b/c everyone was around so like 7 weeks, and my inlaws at 12 weeks because we were in Ireland and we wanted to do it in person.  I told work and friends found out at 13.5 weeks wanted to be out of 1st tri.

Everyone is different and you have to decide  when is right for you...H&H 9 months!

• Told principal at 7 weeks when we broke for the summer. I told family around same time after out first U/S.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"